Any National Championship qualifiers on board?

This will be my third trip in three years to the big show. Staying with three other club guys close to the HQ for a change. Qualified through an "at large" position through my club via angler of the year points. Guntersville will be interesting and I'm looking forward to going back to Alabama after spending 3 years there in grad school during the late 80's (Auburn).

Good luck

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

I’ve qualified the last four years and am again this year. Unfortunately that doesn’t mean that I can make it. I was deployed for last years event in Caddo and will be again in 2020 for Guntersville. Love that lake and hate that I’m going to miss it!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I’ve qualified the last four years and am again this year. Unfortunately that doesn’t mean that I can make it. I was deployed for last years event in Caddo and will be again in 2020 for Guntersville. Love that lake and hate that I’m going to miss it!
    Man- that's too bad. Last year was okay for me, but my accommodations left a lot to be desired and the folks from the club I was associated with weren't very friendly or social with each other-not nearly as unified as a club as I was expecting and the way other clubs were with each other. This year I'm going with a different club I qualified with and am staying in a cabin. I won a free registration via the weekly drawing Chad Hoover is doing on Wednesdays, so that $300 back helps. Now to do some research on that lake and that time of the year-it will be crowded again.

Guntersville is packed year round! When we were there for the Hobie BOS last month there were about 85 kayakers and an unbelievable amount of boats. The good thing is that there are plenty of fish to go around. My wife and I worked a fairly small area both days and only had about 7 others come through each day. I ended up in third and very few of the others that came through our area caught any fish in the area we were in.

6. Member
    What sort of pattern for catching were you using then? Seems like most of the big time tourneys I fished were SLOW presentations and soft plastics. I'm having 16 shallow and mid-depth runners painted for me by a local guy-sticking with the natural forage color patterns. Punching grass was a big thing for Hartley's recent win I believe.

The punch and frog bites weren't very good when we were there. I caught fish doing both but didn't do it during the tournament. We caught our fish on a combination of spinnerbaits, bladed jigs, lipless cranks, and weedless rigged Keitechs fished through scattered grass beds in 7-10ft.

Going on 4 years of qualification for me...but decided not to compete this year and won't be going next year. Spending my extra time off at the Hobie Bass Open and BASS events next year.
    Last edited by fluke1987; 11-17-2019 at 06:22 PM.