Structure scan questions

I've got a 21xd and run a lss-2 transducer on the bottom of the rapid jack plate. I get great side imaging at 3 mph or less, but it fades out if I speed up any. Trying g to figure out whether it's the angle or turbulence. I'd love to keep the slow image at a little faster clip if I can. Bullets won't idle that slow....😎

2. Member
    What would be the best way to figure out what is causing the loss of detail?

3. Member
    My 1st guess is that boat angle changes at higher speed. Do you have smart craft gauge? 2nd guess would be back wash disturbance.

I have a LSS2 and can scan at over 6mph with ease... Even at 8mph I'm pretty sure. My ducer is mounted on the bottom of my holeshot plate.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I have a LSS2 and can scan at over 6mph with ease... Even at 8mph I'm pretty sure. My ducer is mounted on the bottom of my holeshot plate.
    Not to sidetrack the subject, but I just got an XRS and need to mount my structure transducer also. Tell me about the holeshot plate? I am running an atlas 14 hydraulic jack plate. Does this plate help the nose stay down climbing on plane? That would be 2 benefits.

It mostly helps with backwash as you come off plane.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    My plate is flat. Thought about getting one of those that had an offset just for the ss transducer. Know a few here locally that run flat plates without issues.