Seat Stitching Separating

Curious if anyone is having the same problem I have. My 2018 Z19 is at the dealership again getting the seats replaced. A few months after I bought it, I noticed the driver's side seat stitching was coming apart. Dealer filed warranty claim and the seat was replaced. Fast forward to this year and it's doing the same thing at the exact same spot. I even noticed the passenger's seat starting to do it as well (again, same spot). Luckily, Nitro is replacing both seats for free even though the 1 year warranty has passed. Dealer said they haven't had any other issues. Anyone else heard of this being a problem? I don't abuse it - keep in in doors and wiped down with 303 protectant. I fish about every other weekend (I've only put 55 hours on the motor).

I have got more hours and have not seen any issues.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    I had the EXACT same issue in the EXACT same place but it happened during the warranty period and they replaced the seat no charge.
    Michael J. Koenig

4. Member
    Same thing happened to mine and I got them replaced. I have caught my self putting my hand in that exact location when sitting down. I try not to do it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BearCreek View Post
    Same thing happened to mine and I got them replaced. I have caught my self putting my hand in that exact location when sitting down. I try not to do it anymore
    I agree with that, for one the letters will come off if you keep putting your hand on the top rest when u sit down or go to the rear storage bins.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Same thing in my 2016 Z21. I am the second owner and Nitro told me the seat warranty is only good for the original owner so I am out of luck.

7. Member
    I bought a new to me 2016 Z20 earlier this year. I ordered the center console seat and by 4th of July the entire bottom came apart. Dealer was great about getting it replaced, new one came in and low and behold the seams separated across the back. I've had some upholstery done on another boat and know the guy locally. He basically has been doing boat upholstery for 25 years and his opinion at least on mine is they are poorly stitched and stretched way too much.

His comment was they look great but aren't functional

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BearCreek View Post
    This makes sense. I'll have to be more conscious of where I put my hand next time I go out.

Got 18 years on mine before all the hook holes and stepping on them finally took it toll on the passenger seat, Is typical bass cat quality though
    Thank You Leon Pugh