Thread: gas fuel line

Banned

gas fuel line

I need to change out my bulb on my gas line. Since I am going to do that I might as well change the whole fuel line out. I can't seem to find the right one. I have an 1999 EFI merc 150..... anyone help me with a product number?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    I need to change out my bulb on my gas line. Since I am going to do that I might as well change the whole fuel line out. I can't seem to find the right one. I have an 1999 EFI merc 150..... anyone help me with a product number?
    I’d just call European Marine. They’ll know how much line you need, have Merc parts and make sure you get the ethanol resistant hose.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    I’d just call European Marine. They’ll know how much line you need, have Merc parts and make sure you get the ethanol resistant hose.
    Ok will do... Thanks

Make sure you go with oem parts. I made a mistake once and replaced the fuel bulb a few years back. After a few months the engine kept stalling on me. I realized the ethanol in the fuel reacted to the el cheapo bulb and made it soft. It was collapsing on me.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    Make sure you go with oem parts. I made a mistake once and replaced the fuel bulb a few years back. After a few months the engine kept stalling on me. I realized the ethanol in the fuel reacted to the el cheapo bulb and made it soft. It was collapsing on me.
    Just had to change a 2 year old line. The so called alcohol proof lines are no different than the old lines. Just has added an EPA stamp so they could charge more for it. Check your fuel lines everyone. Pull it off the tank, that's where the snakeskin liner will deteriorate first.