MG to MK Trolling Motor

Well, I bent the crap out of my MG trolling motor this weekend, hit something under water and bent the shaft pretty good. Im thinking about switching to a MinnKota but im curious about the mounting holes on the bow, if the are the same or not? I really don't want to have the shop drill any new holes to make the MK mount up. Has anyone swapped and know if the mounting holes are the same?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    Forgot to mention its a MG Tour..I thinks its 89thrust, 24v. I want to switch to the MK Fortrex and go 112 with 36v.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

3. Member
    I went from MG to MK Ultrex. I was able to use 2 of holes and drilled 4 new. I think you will have to just try. The Ultrex has a couple of different ways you can mount. Not familiar with Fourex but would think similar to Ultrex. All the holes under mount so no biggie for me!

4. Member
    If 4 screw holes don't line up you could probably use 2 old ones and transfer drill the bracket if you don't want to drill your boat. I thought they lined up though.

5. Member
    I think you can make the MK mounting bracket match up with existing holes in the bow by drilling it out, but wasn't 100% sure.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

6. Member
    I think I had to drill one more hole. Make sure and take the covers off of the side of the minn kota mount there are extra holes under them. I went from a tour 109 to fortrex

7. Member
    The MK does have holes to match the MG but you will need to remove the stdb side cover on the base to find some of the holes. It’s the black plastic cover that has MinnKota written on it.

I changed from a Motor Guide Tour to an Ultrex and used the same holes, but had to use the rubber inserts since the deck holes were that size.
    I just cut off the theaded insert and used fender washers and lock nuts.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    I changed out a MG (I think it was a Tour) last weekend to an Ultrex. I used the same holes, 6 in total and it mounted pretty quickly. The only thing that is a pain is the foot pedal, I have to cut a new slot and order a tray to fit the pedal- I can give you an update on that on Friday/Saturday when it comes in. The MG had holes available when you removed the side plate that allowed me to use the existing mounting location. Super easy.

10. Member
    Good deal, appreciate all the info!!
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo