MG to MK Trolling Motor

Well, I bent the crap out of my MG trolling motor this weekend, hit something under water and bent the shaft pretty good. Im thinking about switching to a MinnKota but im curious about the mounting holes on the bow, if the are the same or not? I really don't want to have the shop drill any new holes to make the MK mount up. Has anyone swapped and know if the mounting holes are the same?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    Just drill the holes in your minn Kota base to match the holes on your boat. That’s what I did

3. Member
    Ty sir, I thought MK had had a base that you could mark and drill your bow holes into the plate, but wasn't sure. A 24v 82 thrust on a 21ft just isn't cutting it for me, but was on the boat when I bough it, and the power is on the wrong side of the foot control lol
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    On my 619, i went from MG Tour to Ultrex (you don't mention which MK) and was able to use most of the existing holes.....i think i had to drill 2 new holes and i sealed the other two that i didn't use. I installed the MK myself..
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    On the Ultrex remove the side plate and there are additional holes there the same width as the MG holes. They may not line up front to rear, but I mounted my Ultrex where the Tour 109 was.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34