Broken locker lid rivets

As I was opening my locker lid on my cougar, the rivets connecting to the hinge broke. Would the best fix be to drill out the old rivets and re-attach? IMG_20191020_170612.jpgIMG_20191020_170605.jpg

Also interested

This must be an older Cougar FTD as they were not supposed to be riveted only. When you fold the lid all the way over it puts stress on the rivets, and those were mixed with machine screws soon after this started. They should have had machine screws from day one, though some staffers migrated to this tactic we were using in other areas.

Its an 08 AE actually. So would you suggest drilling out the rivet studs in the lid and re-connecting the lid to the hinge with machined screws? My next question is once the rivets have been removed from the lid, how can I get the screw head into the lid without going through the lid on the other side? I dont want to drill through it as water will then enter the locker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    This must be an older Cougar FTD as they were not supposed to be riveted only. When you fold the lid all the way over it puts stress on the rivets, and those were mixed with machine screws soon after this started. They should have had machine screws from day one, though some staffers migrated to this tactic we were using in other areas.

5. Member
    FWIW when I replaced the carpet on my '04 Classic, I drilled out all the rivets and used SS #10 screws, washers, and Nylock acorn nuts.

Do you happen to have any pictures you could show?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKz View Post
    FWIW when I replaced the carpet on my '04 Classic, I drilled out all the rivets and used SS #10 screws, washers, and Nylock acorn nuts.

Can you provide an image of how they should be connected?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruss1984 View Post
    Do you happen to have any pictures you could show?
    Sure, pm me your email address, I'll send them.