Custom Rod builder

With Christmas coming up I was wanting to get a custom rod built for a friend.
    Looking for suggestons on who to use. I live near La Grange, so looking for someone in the Austin, Houston San Antonio areas.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

2. Banned
    PowerTackle does custom stuff and they are really good rods, they are in Richland Springs which is out of your range but Judy can make what you want.

3. Member
    Pete Dodge who guides on Fayette and lives 5 minutes from the lake builds rods. I have 3 rods that he has built for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by txdyna65 View Post
    With Christmas coming up I was wanting to get a custom rod built for a friend.
    Looking for suggestons on who to use. I live near La Grange, so looking for someone in the Austin, Houston San Antonio areas.

This guy built a few of my custom rods, and he ships.
    https://nelsoncustomrods.com/
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

The best rod builder in the USA (my humble opinion) lives in Cleveland, Tennessee. He has built rods for US Presidents and well-known athletes. Stays fairly busy so his lead time might be a bit long right now. Doesn't cut corners and uses the very best components. He has been fishing and rod building for many years, and rod building is his sole occupation. A telephone conversation with him will convince you that he knows what he is doing. Check out his website ......... www.jmilescustomrods.com