Thread: Season Over

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Ice forming around the shorelines of the neighborhood ponds. The end is near.

Busted ice at the access last night for 100yds. Busted ice on the opposite end of the lake for 100yds. One opening on the loaded flat gave me access to a pile of big bass. Water was 37 degrees. Fired up to the ice edge and proceeded to pound them for 2 hours straight until the sun set. Then had to drive back through the shifted ice then crash back through stuff by the access again. Might be the last trip for me and if it was it was a great way to end the season. Absolute favorite time of year and hate it that the ice is putting an end to a lights out bite!

Quote Originally Posted by cehlert View Post
    Busted ice at the access last night for 100yds. Busted ice on the opposite end of the lake for 100yds. One opening on the loaded flat gave me access to a pile of big bass. Water was 37 degrees. Fired up to the ice edge and proceeded to pound them for 2 hours straight until the sun set. Then had to drive back through the shifted ice then crash back through stuff by the access again. Might be the last trip for me and if it was it was a great way to end the season. Absolute favorite time of year and hate it that the ice is putting an end to a lights out bite!
    Hard core right there.

I got out Sunday. With the coming week's forecast, deer hunting, and the first trashing of the roads this morning with salt, I reckon that's it.

Crying.jpg
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cehlert View Post
    W those water temps what were they hitting? And how deep were they? On a hump?

Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    W those water temps what were they hitting? And how deep were they? On a hump?
    37 to 38 degree water. Crankbaits with suspend strips on them to make them suspend perfect. 12-14' flat that had fish loaded on it. 5-10 second pauses followed by about a 1 to 2 foot reel in. 360 had things loaded all over and the livescope could see individual bass pull up to the crank and finally after sitting with nose on it for that delay would bump it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12