Getting water in my livewell and blge area.

I have checked everything and no leaks I suspect it is the flow rite valve for the live wells. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this. I put it in re circ mode while out n the water and at the end of the day I havetwo inches of water in the live well. Also the bilge has a little water in it but not enough to kick on the auto bilge pump.

should i fill the live wells up with water with my garden hose and see if it leaks out the back of the boat. I do plan on shining a flashlight on the valve and have my partner back me down the ramp. Im trying to keep my bilge area dry if I can.

2. Member
    I had a similar problem with my Fisherman 619. It's been a number of years but I believe I too experienced both problems. Water leaking in and leaking out when the live well was full of bait and the water leaking out. I would try Flow-Rite's repair kit. It worked for me. Here is a link to the kit.

https://store.flow-rite.com/livewell...kitma-060.html

plug the livewell overflow. water will come in while in current or reverse
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

4. Member
    I'm interested too. I think I need a complete overhaul on my 2002 even my lever is hard to maneuver back and forth. I wonder what it will cost to have a ranger dealer do it.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    This issue comes up every 2-3 weeks. There are a couple of excellent threads pinned under “maintenance tips and tricks.”
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Take the livewell control valve apart and clean the flappers. They probably have crud built up on them. If they are dry rotted, buy new ones from Flowrite.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    update put the new valve in and no water in live wells when on recirc all dry

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

9. mikesxpress
    It will last for a year or so then start leaking by again. Part of my annual PM to remove & clean the flappers inside and lube the actuator cable. We need a better designed system. This one has been a PIA for years

10. Member
    ahh maybe I will take apart and clean the flappers if it happens....I will update if that happens....