Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

People pulling up on you while graphing

Have any of y’all had people pull up on you while graphing and start fishing? It happened to my son and I a few times Saturday on Rayburn. One particular time, we were graphing around an area and the nearest boat was 100s of yards away. Within a couple minutes three different boats converge on us and start looking at their graphs. Two of them must have spotted some logs we had seen on the bottom and started fishing. The other guy apparently couldn’t figure out how to use his electronics, made a couple circle and roared off frustrated. We left and soon loaded up and left the lake. Are people that hard up to catch a fish? Makes me proud of my 16yo putting in the work, he drives and runs the electronics. It also makes me frustrated with these adults and what others are learning from their behavior. Get out on the water, enjoy the day, and respect others on the water.

Oh yeah, I now realize I shouldn’t be out trying to graph on a Saturday! I’ll do all I can to avoid it in the future.
    Last edited by Bahala; 10-20-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Did he have Red sneakers?

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Vent away sir! People have 0 shame...not one bit. Glad your 16 y/o is learning to do things the right way!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

On certain lakes it happens all the time.

Bent pole pattern is worse

6. Member
    When I fished Fork a guy pulled up 10 ft away and started fishing , the guide I was with said that was nothing some days the boats are so close you could walk from boat to boat till a shot gun comes out of a rod locker
    People are down right rude
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

7. Member
    It happened enough when we fished guntersville. It’s happening more often around here especially if the bite has been tough and guys get desperate. I like muskies alright but Muskie fishermen like to roll on up if you are on a weedline and chuck monster plugs. Etiquette on the water is a bit low these days.

8. Member
    People are always looking for the easy way out.

9. Member
    I was fishing spot earlier this year out off main boat run. Local guy pulls up and graphs beside me and leaves. It’s 4ft deep!!

Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    When I fished Fork a guy pulled up 10 ft away and started fishing , the guide I was with said that was nothing some days the boats are so close you could walk from boat to boat till a shot gun comes out of a rod locker
    People are down right rude

true.

Unfortunately some guides out there are guilty of it. They have no issue trying to pull in and push you off a spot. far sure not all as most are respectable in the way they treat others on the water but always a couple that act a fool.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 10-22-2019 at 06:40 PM.

I was lonly today, there was no one on the lake!

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    On certain lakes it happens all the time.
    Happens in the Gulf of Mexico all the time. The good news you can see them coming in plenty of time to just fire up the trolling motor and move off just far enough without them really being able to tell you moving. No way they can steel your #'s .

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    Bent pole pattern is worse
    That's the boyd duckett pattern

I didn’t know you were graphing. I saw your jersey and thought you were a professional fisherman. Man, touchy.

15. Banned
    Nope, come on up and fish the Ohio River... This time of the year you'll have most spots all to yourself... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by 04_triton View Post
    That's the boyd duckett pattern
    If that is how you win millions, count me in. Would not care if I were the most hated on tour.
    Truth is, those who dog and spread the lies about Duckett, could not win if all the pros gave them their way points prior to blast off.

P01135809

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AveryF View Post
    So do you know this from personal experience, parroting what some reprehensible people here have posted, or just trying to be a funny?

If I'm graphing along a ledge with no sign of gravitating to a spot to fish it, I wouldn't care whether someone pulled up behind me and fished or not. Now, 10 feet from me would be insane, but 100 yards would be fine. My graphing shouldn't keep someone from fishing. Are you gonna graph or fish? It would be different if someone idled right up graphing over where I'm fishing, which happened my last time out. Maybe we should ask Ike.

19. Member
    These guys all rolled up in less than a casts length.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahala View Post
    These guys all rolled up in less than a casts length.
    Terrible...on that giant lake!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast