Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Is your boat wrapped or were y’all wearing jerseys?
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    Thats funny stuff right there !!

3. Member
    Although I agree with OP, I have a story from the other end of the spectrum. My dad, sister, and I were fishing a riprap causeway that turns into a bridge on Jordan Lake. I believe it was the US 64 causeway that cuts across the middle of the lake. The causeway essentially divides the lake north/south, and a section of it turns into a small bridge to allow boat traffic. Needless to say, this is a high traffic area as it's the only way to go between the upper and lower halves of the lake.

We saw a boat with two people fishing for crappie at the bridge pilings. Not only were they fishing the pilings, they would constantly move around the pilings, making figure 8s around the entire bridge. Remember, it's a high traffic area. All this would be fine, but they were actually getting pissed at boats passing by, I guess "ruining" their spot. I saw them yell at one bewildered couple, probably wondering what they did wrong. How could they not understand that just because they're fishing there doesn't mean they can't stop boats from passing by?? The fact that they were moving across each "lane" of the bridge also exacerbated the situation.

We were going to go under the bridge, but we decided to stay at the rip rap a little longer :)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    Although I agree with OP, I have a story from the other end of the spectrum. My dad, sister, and I were fishing a riprap causeway that turns into a bridge on Jordan Lake. I believe it was the US 64 causeway that cuts across the middle of the lake. The causeway essentially divides the lake north/south, and a section of it turns into a small bridge to allow boat traffic. Needless to say, this is a high traffic area as it's the only way to go between the upper and lower halves of the lake.

We saw a boat with two people fishing for crappie at the bridge pilings. Not only were they fishing the pilings, they would constantly move around the pilings, making figure 8s around the entire bridge. Remember, it's a high traffic area. All this would be fine, but they were actually getting pissed at boats passing by, I guess "ruining" their spot. I saw them yell at one bewildered couple, probably wondering what they did wrong. How could they not understand that just because they're fishing there doesn't mean they can't stop boats from passing by?? The fact that they were moving across each "lane" of the bridge also exacerbated the situation.

We were going to go under the bridge, but we decided to stay at the rip rap a little longer :)
    This happens on Douglas a lot, especially at the Indian creek bride in the summer. People tie off under the bridge then cuss you when you go past them. Sorry but it's the only way in and out of the that area...and my house is back there.
    I am a Crankbait junkie...I'm in a program...It ain't helping!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post

I get pissed when folks come me up close to me when I am fishing. I rarely fish around bridges but I do fish the drop offs at the edge of the river channel. I got no problem with traffic going by me if I am in an area like that. If you are around bridges or navigable channels then it is fair game.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    On certain lakes it happens all the time.
    Yes. Was fishing a brushpile the other day and some jackwagon in a pontoon comes trolling by at 30 yards marks a waypoint, then he comes by on the other side the same distance and does it again! He never said a word, what a piece of work.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    No sir.

8. Member
    I get the the idiots that blow right by me “ so close “ you can see them hit the waypoint key on there graph!, they don’t care if they throw you out of the boat !...

You can tell who is OK with GPS pirates.

10. Member
    It’s just about as bad out on the open ocean. You can be the only boat within sight for miles. Try stopping and eating a sandwich and see how many boats drive over to see what you’re doing. It’s completely absurd.

People think just because you’ve “stopped” that means you must be on fish or have found a paddy that holds fish and they’ll run over and check what you’re doing. And in some ways ocean fishing can be even worse than lake fishing since there’s nowhere to hide! Oh well.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    When I fished Fork a guy pulled up 10 ft away and started fishing , the guide I was with said that was nothing some days the boats are so close you could walk from boat to boat till a shot gun comes out of a rod locker
    People are down right rude
    Your guide must have fished KY Lake before, I think KY Lake was one of the first for that to happen

12. Member
    It happens all the time on Lake Erie..have just learned to deal with it..some people are just too lazy to find their own stuff

13. Member
    Time too break out the pink Speedos!!
    Didn't mikeyballz do something like that?

14. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I would say something Stern and Rude... REALLY, You are going to Fish right next to Me ?? Look at all that open water-waving you arm toward the open water .. I have caught Fish at every spot I stopped at today,Is it your First Time at this Lake ??...Is that Your Bass Boat or did you Borrow it for the Day ??... Do you need me to tie a bait on your Rod ?- Take out Camera and go towards them a little to get a face shot and say Smile- I need a picture for my Bass Club website.. We have a Page... Rudist Fishermen....Then I would just burn the spot with a slow deep holeshot- not directed at them but to wash out the spot. laughing and shaking my head in Pure enjoyment... Don't let any D**k ruin your Day on the Water...Never argue with them, just control the verbal abuse and smile. No confrontation just rip them a bit and go on your Day..
    Last edited by Basscaster; 10-21-2019 at 05:00 AM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    When I fished Fork a guy pulled up 10 ft away and started fishing , the guide I was with said that was nothing some days the boats are so close you could walk from boat to boat till a shot gun comes out of a rod locker
    People are down right rude
    Had motor problems on Fork last time there and had to troll back to ramp about two miles across a large cove. Had at least three boats swing in tight behind me idling and trailed me almost all the way back to the ramp - guess they thought I was graphing structure...

False marker buoys are always fun entertainment when in the weed bed........

17. Member
    Welcome to Toledo Bend!!

18. Member
    Man you guys are nuts down south, never really have to deal with that in Minnesota. The only time we have to deal with that if we are playing bumper boats chasing walleyes.

19. Member
    I dont think they were graphing that area because of you. With the gift of electronics and mapping now a days that you get everyone has it to. I notice this on toledo bend. You think you found this elusive hump on your map and graphs, but so did everyone else with a graph.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    Man you guys are nuts down south, never really have to deal with that in Minnesota. The only time we have to deal with that if we are playing bumper boats chasing walleyes.
    thanks to the Classic Hartwell is absolutely horrible now. Used to be if you were fishing a point, people would go on by, not now. Hell they'll be three boats on every point. When people roll up on me I'll ask them if they mind if i join em.... Had a guy last year during a tourney come up beside me as I was idling towards a hump (unoccupied), he idled up 5 ft away and ask "are you going to fish this hump" i said yes, his response was "well why are you driving up so slow?" I said cause I effin want to. He said "too bad" and gunned it right on top of the hump and jumped up and started fishing. it was March so him and his partner got a nice cool shower.
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast