Lifting the motor...

I’ve read the write ups on switching props and going up on motor height on the tracker 190tx with the 115 opti but what is to gain if I only raise my motor up to the third hole but dont upgrade the prop too?

2. Member
    Not sure about the opti, but even with just raising the motor you should get better handling,be able to get more trim, and reach your max rpm so more speed. Raising the engine and going to the spitfire prop on my ProXS made a huge difference!
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    115 MERCURY PRO XS 4 STROKE
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Vessel View mobile Installed
    2= Garmin ecomap 93sv plus
    Ram swing arm mount (console)
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force
    Supreme Ultimate Bunkboards
    3 Leaf 3000# leaf spring upgrade

3. Member
    I installed the 4 blade X7 prop and raised my motor to the third hole last year. Like you I was curious about how the boat would perform using the stock 21P prop with the motor raised to the third hole. After raising the motor I went to the lake with both props. I went on the water with the stock prop in place. To keep it short, with the stock prop and motor in the third hole the performance and handing sucked, really sucked. I went back and installed the X7 and the boat was transformed.

I have no idea how the stock prop would work in the second hole, never tried it but my experience is that you do not want to change props, do not run the stock prop with the motor raised to the third hole.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    Raising the motor even just a little will give it less drag & make it easier to handle & drive. As long as you have good water pressure your ok. My 115 ho on my Weld - Craft 18 ft boat drove ok just bolted up straight to the boat but after putting a 6 inch jackplate & raising it up it drove great & handled like a dream & was about 4 mph faster but the handling part was the sweetest part of the deal it was like night & day.