Thread: Carpet

Carpet

Hello folks,

Its the end of the season for me and I am putting some work into my boat this winter. I order several replacement lids from Ranger, waiting to have them delivered yet. The replacement lids will come shipped with carpet. I need to redo my floor anyway, and carpet is my first consideration, I have also thought about other things like line x or vinyl. Maybe do the cockpit area line x? Anyway, does anyone know what carpet Ranger uses? Is Ranger the best place to get replacement carpet? Any other tips or words of wisdom is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Member
    Yes, definitely price the carpet through Ranger. It will match and Ranger Parts has very good pricing.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Id order carpet from Ranger. I am about to put new carpet in a basstracker and ordered the carpet from them. Ranger and BassCat are very competitive on price. Ranger can match your new lids perfectly so I would definitely go with them. You can also get the floor piece already cut from them with the hem on the edge.

4. Member
    get the carpet and glue from them and get to work. i did mine and it turned out awesome. you can see the work and some tips i left. in the ranger forum under ranger restore 521z. make sure you put the carpet on correctly with the grain pointing back to the motor.

5. Member
    Thanks for the tips guys, and the one about grain direction is good. I ordered my carpet today from Ranger. ended up going a little darker than the grey I had, it’s called ash I believe. Got all the deck lids off and starting to take off trim and hardware. I know this will be worth it when it’s done.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r83srock View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys, and the one about grain direction is good. I ordered my carpet today from Ranger. ended up going a little darker than the grey I had, it’s called ash I believe. Got all the deck lids off and starting to take off trim and hardware. I know this will be worth it when it’s done.
    I got the trim also from ranger not a bad price either.

7. Member
    Do they still have carpet and parts for a 1997 boat?

8. Member
    call ranger parts and talk to kerry stinger shes real good and very friendly. the carpet is awesome and the price is very good if you find my restoration thread i think i put the prices also on there.

9. Member
    I called Ranger about carpet recently, good price, mines 16 years old and just a little faded, need I say more.

10. Member
    I am doing something “different” on the floor. I ordered carpet from Ranger and went with the darkest grey they have, for my decks. Looks really nice, can’t wait to get it installed. Still waiting on my deck lids. It’s going to be a fun winter project for sure. I already have lights in my livewell, so I think I’m going to run lights in my other compartments as well.

11. Member
    I did not buy glue from Ranger, they didn’t recommend anything specific either.

Weld wood contact cement in the red can. Apply both carpet and surface, let dry to tacky and when you press together it won’t separate without pulling backing off carpet. Resto section has top post on cutting corners on lids.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeGraaf View Post
    Weld wood contact cement in the red can. Apply both carpet and surface, let dry to tacky and when you press together it won’t separate without pulling backing off carpet. Resto section has top post on cutting corners on lids.
    Awesome thanks!

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Ranger bass cat all use syntec carpet..

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Ranger bass cat all use syntec carpet..
    After doing a bunch of research that is what I found. I have my roll from Ranger waiting to go on the boat. I’m sure I’ll have to do some shaving but I think I’ll like the lids a bit snug.