Evidentley Cumberland Is Extremely Tough Right Now

I talked to a couple different boats today that were fishing the Anglers Outpost tournament & they said they hadn't caught a fish in two days. I also had 2 different boats tell me that there were 50 some boats yesterday that never even caught a fish at all. Today was the first time i've been in the daytime since i started striper fishing at night in March. We caught a few dink spots & smallmouth is all we done, but it must be worse than i thought it was. Is the water quality causing this too since there are walleye & striper dying from low dissolved oxygen levels in their comfort range. I know it isn't killing bass, but is it causing them to not bite much right now or what other reason do you guys suspect is going on?

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I talked to a couple different boats today that were fishing the Anglers Outpost tournament & they said they hadn't caught a fish in two days. I also had 2 different boats tell me that there were 50 some boats yesterday that never even caught a fish at all. Today was the first time i've been in the daytime since i started striper fishing at night in March. We caught a few dink spots & smallmouth is all we done, but it must be worse than i thought it was. Is the water quality causing this too since there are walleye & striper dying from low dissolved oxygen levels in their comfort range. I know it isn't killing bass, but is it causing them to not bite much right now or what other reason do you guys suspect is going on?

Apparently the cool temps last week changed up a lot of lakes. Green was in full turnover mode Sat. Also heard Cland was bad, Jr19 should give a barren report.

3. Member
    asian carp

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Apparently the cool temps last week changed up a lot of lakes. Green was in full turnover mode Sat. Also heard Cland was bad, Jr19 should give a barren report.

I was on vacation last week so I can give a trifecta report...Tuesday Cumberland was brutal. No keepers and only 2 short KY's, 74* in Beaver/Otter and temps fell real fast in the upper end of Otter...Thursday at Green had 15 or so keepers but all in the 12-14" range. Temps 66-64* in most places...Friday at Green I had 3 small keepers. Green might be turning over on the main lake but I have no idea. I fish Thursday/Friday in White Oak, Casey, Plum Point area and the river. It does not set up a thermocline like the main lake so turnover is not an issue upstream. Plus the 4.5" of rain we got 10 or so days ago put fresh water in the upper end, so if it did have a thermocline it got enough fresh run in water to mix things up several days ago...Saturday at Barren I fish with a BBC member. I think the water temp was 60-62* at Browns Ford but I can't really remember. I do recall it fell the more you went upstream. We had 2 keepers, around 4-5 slots and 1 short if my memory is correct.

I know where Edinburgh is located but I have never heard of ELITEBURG...is that east of El Paso or near FLW land?
    Last edited by JR19; 10-21-2019 at 01:13 AM.

5. Member
    I’ve been fishing a lot here past 2 weeks and have been stroking them. the fish are not schooling nor jumping like usual but definitely fish to be caught. Took 18 lbs sat to win the south central - 16 and change 2 nd . I fish thru the week and have fished twice this year on Saturday s for the said tourney. It’s amazing difference when u put 300-400 tourney boats running wild on a Saturday vs say a tues or thurs— the pressure and boat traffic makes it a hell of a lot tougher— 2 solid patterns going now but changes daily out there

6. Member
    Eliteburg? I like that , but i’d almost bet some of the MLF fluffers will be trying to find out where it’s at so they can burn you out now.

7. Member
    I’ve been here since Sunday and I concour!!! Not a keeper in 2 days. Gonna fish 1 more, no clue what to do but I know not what to do lol. Not finding much bait. I’m thinking maybe they’re still really deep. Water temps 72.

Been up Greasy, Pumpkin, Caney, Difficultly, Harmon.
    Basscat!

Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    I’ve been here since Sunday and I concour!!! Not a keeper in 2 days. Gonna fish 1 more, no clue what to do but I know not what to do lol. Not finding much bait. I’m thinking maybe they’re still really deep. Water temps 72.

Been up Greasy, Pumpkin, Caney, Difficultly, Harmon.
    10/15 the very upper end of Otter had a lot of bait and the water temp drops off 3-4 degrees from what the first 1/2 - 2/3 of the creek is but I could not get any keepers to bite. I did manage 2 shorts and one that may have been a keeper pull off but still nothing worth getting excited over. Friend of mine fish a 2 day high school tournament 10-19/20 from Conley Bottoms. 1st day 1 small keeper but I don't know what area. I want to say a creek in the mid lake area? 2nd day they ran to Burnside for a change of scenery and had 2 small keepers. Cumberland is a tough nut to crack right now. I have always had a love/hate relationship with that lake. It's a lake you can pattern and it hold up for that one day but come the next day what you done the day before you can often throw out the window even if conditions are the same.
    Last edited by JR19; 10-21-2019 at 08:36 PM. Reason: grammar nazi

9. Member
    Cumberland is tough right now, we fished there from Thurs through Sunday last week from Lilly creek down and only boated 2 nice smalies and a bunch of dink spots. When I first got there, I felt like I was on a smaller Lake Meade, the water was way down more than I expected and the water temp was still 72-74 depending where you were at........Hardest fishing I have done in a long time, but still had fun.