Ultrex issue and service

Read a post below that has a similar problem to what I experienced today. 16 month old ultrex that up to now has worked flawlessly. In series championship today with about 2 hours left motor suddenly became hard to turn to the left. Within 20 minutes it was impossible to turn to the left and would rotate all way around to the right when I took foot off pedal. Would have to push down on rear of pedal and take my hand and rotate motor head to the left while maintaining pressure on pedal. Needless to say it hampered the last couple of hours of fishing. I assume this will (hopefully) be a warranty issue? My problem is there is not an ASC anywhere close to my location. Could there be something I’m overlooking as a fix? I hate to have to pay to ship the whole thing somewhere to be repaired.

2. Member
    Very possible you have a bad sensor board on the foot pedal. You may want to flip the foot pedal over and remove the aluminum plate and on the control board is a white plug. Check to see if it has not come loose . Push and pull it to see if it comes unplug if it does then you may have a bad plug. If it is the sensor board then it would be better for ASC to handle.

I'll do that...thanks. Actually found I do have a ASC not to far off.

4. Member
    What did you find out mine done the same thing today but my spot lock quit working also
    Bassman1987

5. Member
    I have found this to be a sensor board issue in most cases. Should go to an ASC for warranty replacement
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]