Thread: Hydrowave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hydrowave

Hello masses, here's my thing, I've being fishing for bout 20 year, first boat in 98 and next in 18, I know fishing docks, rock walls, structure, etc. My question is does the hydrowave really steer up the bass enough to spend another pay check to catch fish. I've never had any luck out in the deeper water, just 10 ft or less. Any helper? Thanks, Terry

2. Member
    Yes it works. Masks trolling motor noise and brings the bait fish in with the bass right behind them. I cant believe more bluegill fishermen don't have these. They would never go home without a bucket full.

if you can find an old one working or not wink, wink and call them about repairing it and they will give you a nice discount wink, wink on a new one wink, wink.

you didn't hear that from me wink, wink

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    if you can find an old one working or not wink, wink and call them about repairing it and they will give you a nice discount wink, wink on a new one wink, wink.

you didn't hear that from me wink, wink
    You might have to pm me, about what you putting down, because I'm not quite pickup it up

5. Member
    But so far I need one, thanks guys, keep the comments coming

6. Member
    I found it beneficial. I still need to add one to my current boat. I do feel they are overpriced however
    Nitro z21

Just about everything TH Marine sells is over priced IMO. What are the new ones selling for now, $359 or some crazy like that?
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

I have no confidence in it therefore it’s not worth anything to me.

9. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    I’ve had them draw bait fish all around the front of boat, turn it off they go away , turn it on in a bit start swarming back , pretty cool actually, but I have one of the first ones when they came out.

10. Member
    I appreciate it guys, still up in the air bout it, first thing first, gotta call Russell electronic in the morning to get the boat rigged up, if there's anything left, I'll go from there

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    Just about everything TH Marine sells is over priced IMO. What are the new ones selling for now, $359 or some crazy like that?

$425 ish. It’s ridiculous you can get a 5” sonar unit for that That’s my major hold up on adding to my current boat. Quality is avg at best and then there’s the KVD model for $100 more. I really considered the kayak or mini model for its simplicity but it damn near $200 doesn’t come with a battery and only has 2 files
    Nitro z21

12. Member
    have one--absolute waste of too much money IMHO
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

If it's a whole paycheck I would probably pass. If it's 100% blowAble cash why not. It can help.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

14. Member
    I can't say one way or the other if it works or not. I haven't put enough dedicated process in to experimenting with it on and off. What put me over the line to buy one was during my research I would say about 70-80% of the pro anglers have it and are not sponsored. I'm not one to buy something just because a pro uses it but my thinking was if they are willing to spend the money on it then I gotta believe there is something to it. At worse it can't hurt.

My fishing partner has one , it works mechanically. Just doesn't attract fish . I do as well on my old boat without.

16. Member
    Don’t want to sound mean or anything but it sounds like you need to spend some time riding around your lake marking deep brush. You can always drop shot on a brush pile and pick up a few. Save your money on the gadgets and spend time learning where the deep brush, ditches, and drop offs are and mastering some new techniques if you aren’t used to deeper water bass.

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    have one--absolute waste of too much money IMHO
    I agree except I HAD one.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

18. Member
    As others have said they do work for attracting bait fish and masking the trolling motor noise. I just took mine off when I upgraded my graphs. When I was in GA fishing Clarks Hill it worked really well, that is a deep fairly clear lake that has blueback herring. When I moved to NC and fished Falls Lake, Shearon Harris, and other dirtier water lakes I didn't notice as much effectiveness from it. Honestly I got to where I stopped using it because I prefer to fish shallow. Now I'm in NY and didn't use it once this summer. I'm not sure if I will put it back on or not. It is a tool and nothing more, there are times and places and situations where its effective and times and places and situations where its not.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

19. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    next question ---

what is your favorite sound pattern ? ? ?

20. Member
    I always started out with passive shad but would switch to active shad when the fish were schooled up and busting. I have seen times where making that switch would fire a school back up.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast