Thread: Hydrowave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    How about getting a couple dozen minnows, hang 'em off the front of the boat in a mesh bag. ???? :)

2. Member
    If you're spending $50,000 on a boat, have 15 $800 combo's, as much tackle as I do...why not give it a try?

I have seen fish on my graph come up to my TM when it's on, also you can see them get off the bottom a little bit. I've had my best day fishing with it on power pattern. To me it's about confidence. If I start fishing and it's slow then I'll turn it on and in my head I'll think that they are about to start biting.

3. Member
    It is a confidence thing. If the angler believes it works they will fish harder and will probably catch more bass.

I do not have any confidence in it so I think that $400-$500 could be spent on something more valuable. JMO
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Ok, thank you for all the comments and everything else, if someone has a used on that they have not being used, pm me and will go from there. Thanks guys.

5. Member
    i think its more of a tool,it has a place for sure!!!but it is no different than spending 3k on a depth finder and get to the lake and turn it on and never know how to use it. but it can also hurt on certain techniques.

6. Member
    I know of an elite guy who doesn't have one in his boat and he does well!

7. Member
    If you believe it works then that is all that matters I guess. I remember when I lived in Texas and people would bang a stick on the bottom of their boat to attract the bait and white/sand Bass. Not sure that actually worked but I guess it's the same concept. I'm not sure about masking the noise. The sonar ping is pretty loud so not sure you could mask that. My 360 is very loud and I'm sure the Panoptics or other Live Scope are loud as well. I always have mine on when fish are schooling so I know where the fish are, so I'm not sure adding more noise would help. If you have the money to spend, the power and space on the boat I guess give it a try. Can always sell it for a loss to someone else.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

8. Member
    Had every snake in the lake swimming toward my trolling motor one time. Got tired of swatting them away so I turned off the Hydrowave. They stopped swimming toward the boat. Definitely works for attracting snakes.

9. Member
    I believe in it. Some days it needs to be louder than others. I'll swear by it holding schooling stripers closer to the boat for a longer amount of time. But you have to find the fish first.

I also believe it helps mask trolling motor noise and other things.

It's not a necessity but nice to have.

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    I believe in it. Some days it needs to be louder than others.

I also believe it helps mask trolling motor noise and other things.

It's not a necessity but nice to have.
    THIS! I have personally seen mine work, however it has to be the right situation its not like adding one to your boat is goiing to add 5 more pounds to your bag everytime you go out.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    THIS! I have personally seen mine work, however it has to be the right situation its not like adding one to your boat is goiing to add 5 more pounds to your bag everytime you go out.
    Anytime it's the right situation we all can catch fish.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

12. Member
    feeding frenzy, or schooling frenzy....they really dont work so I suggest all you guys that fish the miss. river pools 3-10 tournaments please dont buy one...................

I too have been contemplating adding a KVD HW version to my gear, & have been watching this thread. I’ve noticed for a while now (for quite a while) that Bass Pro, Cabela's and others don’t have these units in stock in their stores and some not online... Makes me wonder if there possibly is another new model being rolled out soon?

14. Member
    One thing to remember is when fishing the HW in deep water if the fish are ON the bottom it will/can lift them off and they will rise. Your changing the mood of these bass and that’s not necessarily what you want. If they are schooling and busting nearby ( usually just beyond casting distances) it will/can bring them closer within your casting reach. In very shallow water flipping/punching they can be very effective.

15. Member
    Barrys just told the truth about deep water it took us awhile to figure out what was going on but that was it.

16. Member
    My fishing partner has one in his boat.We were at Bull Shoals lake a few years back the water was very clear . I can’t remember what pattern we had on but there was 8-10 bass flowing our boat and getting very close to the trolling motor . Turn it off bass went away turned back on they came back . We messed with those bass for an half hour and never could get one to bite.

I cant say it puts more fish in my boat but it does get the bait going. It seems to attract a ton of gar. Ill have it on for about 30 mins but have to shut it off because of all the gar around my boat.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

18. Member
    I had one. It broke. Didn't replace. What's the good if a bass pulls off the cover or structure you're fishing to go investigate the sound. To me that makes the fish almost uncatchable.

I never really saw enough to put it back on.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    next question ---

what is your favorite sound pattern ? ? ?
    Oh oh yes yes yes! I like this one!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    Anytime it's the right situation we all can catch fish.
    what I ment by the right situation is if you have fish schooling /chasing bait etc.. fall when they are feeding heavily on schools of baitfish etc..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast