Networking two Elite Ti2 units

So I have an elite ti2 9 at my console and an elite ti 7 currently at the bow. I’m thinking about upgrading to an elite ti2 7 at the bow. I know you can network wirelessly but my question is do you have to reconnect every time you want to link the two or are they automatically linked together when you power each unit on??

2. Member
    They stay linked

3. Member
    Do you know if you can link the elite Ti and elite ti2 through an nmea 2000 cable?

4. Member
    that I am unsure of. have not used an Elite Ti, so I dont want to give mis-information

5. Member
    I’m just curious if I’m better off getting an nmea2000 starter kit and connecting that to my ti and ti2 units or getting another ti2 unit and networking them wirelessly. I know which one is easier, but the one that is easier is about $550 compared to maybe $100 for a nmea 2000 starter kit (just throwing numbers out there).

6. Member
    You can link them via NMEA2000, but they will only share waypoints created on one or the other unit while they are both turned on and connected. If you delete a waypoint from one unit, it will not be removed from the other unit.

No sonar (2D only on Ti2's), no maps, etc. are shared via NMEA.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DQM View Post
    You can link them via NMEA2000, but they will only share waypoints created on one or the other unit while they are both turned on and connected. If you delete a waypoint from one unit, it will not be removed from the other unit.

No sonar (2D only on Ti2's), no maps, etc. are shared via NMEA.
    So with two elite ti2 units, I wouldn’t have that problem?

8. Member
    I just got 2 ti2 units set up on my boat. Haven't tried sharing sonar but I'm very happy with waypoint and map sharing. Both units must be powered on for the connection to maintain- by that I mean you can't put the console unit in standby while you fish on the bow. On initial startup it takes a minute to pair the units and share map but after that all waypoint sharing is instant. If you delete a waypoint on one unit it will delete from the other

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 41bass View Post
    I just got 2 ti2 units set up on my boat. Haven't tried sharing sonar but I'm very happy with waypoint and map sharing. Both units must be powered on for the connection to maintain- by that I mean you can't put the console unit in standby while you fish on the bow. On initial startup it takes a minute to pair the units and share map but after that all waypoint sharing is instant. If you delete a waypoint on one unit it will delete from the other
    Thank you! Very helpful! I think I’ll get me another ti2!