BPS Panfish Elite

Anyone ever fish with one of these? Looks like a decent rod. My store doesn’t have any in stock to get my hands on one.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-panfish-elite-spinning-rod

2. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    I have not fished with the rod but do have a few of the Elite BPS reels and they are golden! Im sure the rods are equally as good. Might try and find a combo. I wouldnt think it would be much more than just the rod.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

3. Banned
    grabbed a BPS Panfish Elite rod last week. It is the 6'8" light power, fast action, 2 piece model. AWESOME rod! The action is perfect for crappie & perch, which I will be using it for. I plan on getting another of the same model, along with a 7'2" light power model (wish it was a 2 piece). I had a $10 off coupon for my initial purchase, and I'll probably wait and see if these go on sale, or some kind of BPS/Cabelas promotion, like $10 off, or 10% off comes my way. Not that they aren't worth the $79.99 price tag, it's just I'm a cheapass, and always look/wait for bargains.

note: I was at a Cabelas after i grabbed my first rod, and compared the feel & action of them side by side to a St Croix panfish model. I compared both the 6'8" & 7'2" light action BPS Panfish Elite rods to the 7'0 light action Croix Panfish light model. I like the power/action of the BPS Elite better for what I'm using them for. The Croix light action seemed a bit too whimpy/whippy for me, compared to the light action BPS Panfish Elite. The BPS Panfish Elite is plenty light action enough for paper mouth crappies, using 4lb mono, but has a "tad" more power than the St Croix panfish light action. JMHO
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 10-29-2020 at 11:44 AM.

4. Member
    I bought one on a whim even though I have multiple crappie poles of different makes that I really like. I liked it so much I bought another. These will be my go to from now on.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    note: I was at a Cabelas after i grabbed my first rod, and compared the feel & action of them side by side to a St Croix panfish model. I compared both the 6'8" & 7'2" light action BPS Panfish Elite rods to the 7'0 light action Croix Panfish light model. I like the power/action of the BPS Elite better for what I'm using them for. The Croix light action seemed a bit too whimpy/whippy for me, compared to the light action BPS Panfish Elite. The BPS Panfish Elite is plenty light action enough for paper mouth crappies, using 4lb mono, but has a "tad" more power than the St Croix panfish light action. JMHO
    It's funny you post this. I did a bunch of research when I was going to upgrade my crappie rods. On paper, the St. Croix appeared perfect. I did not want to order without feeling. I went to the closest store and I absolutely hated the St. Croix action. Way too slow.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    It's funny you post this. I did a bunch of research when I was going to upgrade my crappie rods. On paper, the St. Croix appeared perfect. I did not want to order without feeling. I went to the closest store and I absolutely hated the St. Croix action. Way too slow.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I bought one on a whim even though I have multiple crappie poles of different makes that I really like. I liked it so much I bought another. These will be my go to from now on.

8. Member
    Look's to be a nice rod. Last year I was at Cabelas and brought 2 Ugly Stick Elite rod's. They are nice ML power.
    I even use them for neg rigging for bass, with good result's .