Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 559
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kentucky/Florida
    Posts
    2,800

    Mega 360 release date.

    I know the 360 is supposed to be available in December. Just wondering if that is still on track for then and how many will be available at that time or will it be a limited supply.

  2. Member Bob B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Creve Coeur, IL
    Posts
    5,064
    #2
    Maybe call one of the board sponsors and ask .... they will usually have expected delivery dates.
    __________________________________________________ ___

    **Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

    Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

  3. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    62
    #3
    Last week a dealer told be they should be available 12/10. Humminbird told me the adapter cables required to connect the Mega 360 and the trolling motor’s transducer to your graph would be released at the same time as the Mega 360 transducer.

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kentucky/Florida
    Posts
    2,800
    #4
    Reason I posted this is I have a boat on order that is supposed to be done around the first part of January that I ordered with 360. I would like to get the Mega and just pay the difference.

  5. Member Hollada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lake St Clair, Michigan
    Posts
    1,802
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilzbow View Post
    Last week a dealer told be they should be available 12/10. Humminbird told me the adapter cables required to connect the Mega 360 and the trolling motorís transducer to your graph would be released at the same time as the Mega 360 transducer.
    Iíd hope that adapter cable would come in the box with the 360 since the 360 is taking up the ducer input on your graph.


    2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    36V Ultrex

  6. Member Bob B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Creve Coeur, IL
    Posts
    5,064
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    I’d hope that adapter cable would come in the box with the 360 since the 360 is taking up the ducer input on your graph.
    There a probably a lot of people who won't connect a transducer to the unit and just get the data thru Ethernet .... so why put a cable in the box and charge them for something they won't use?
    __________________________________________________ ___

    **Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

    Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

  7. Member Hollada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lake St Clair, Michigan
    Posts
    1,802
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    There a probably a lot of people who won't connect a transducer to the unit and just get the data thru Ethernet .... so why put a cable in the box and charge them for something they won't use?
    The M360 is NOT an Ethernet device. It connects to the ducer port on your unit. Once connected, it can share over Ethernet. Thus you will lose the ability to connect your TM transducer to the bow unit without the y cable.

    I feel they should provide the y cable in the kit as many (almost all?) of the folks that will buy the M360 will also have at least a Sonar on their TM. Seems the right thing to do.


    2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    36V Ultrex

  8. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sellersburg, IN
    Posts
    417
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    The M360 is NOT an Ethernet device. It connects to the ducer port on your unit. Once connected, it can share over Ethernet. Thus you will lose the ability to connect your TM transducer to the bow unit without the y cable.

    I feel they should provide the y cable in the kit as many (almost all?) of the folks that will buy the M360 will also have at least a Sonar on their TM. Seems the right thing to do.
    Agree 100%
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    62
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    The M360 is NOT an Ethernet device. It connects to the ducer port on your unit. Once connected, it can share over Ethernet. Thus you will lose the ability to connect your TM transducer to the bow unit without the y cable.

    I feel they should provide the y cable in the kit as many (almost all?) of the folks that will buy the M360 will also have at least a Sonar on their TM. Seems the right thing to do.
    The Helix and Solix will use different Y cables.

    It’s a moot point for me since I’m running an Ultrex with a 60” shaft and according the FAQs on the Humminbird website the M360 isn’t compatible with shafts past 54”. I believe this is also the case with the older style non-Mega 360 transducer.
    Last edited by Tilzbow; 10-22-2019 at 09:46 AM.

  10. Member Bob B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Creve Coeur, IL
    Posts
    5,064
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    The M360 is NOT an Ethernet device. It connects to the ducer port on your unit. Once connected, it can share over Ethernet. Thus you will lose the ability to connect your TM transducer to the bow unit without the y cable.

    I feel they should provide the y cable in the kit as many (almost all?) of the folks that will buy the M360 will also have at least a Sonar on their TM. Seems the right thing to do.
    I know the mega 360 uses the transducer port .... apparently you didn't read my post very carefully.
    __________________________________________________ ___

    **Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

    Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

  11. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    62
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilzbow View Post
    The Helix and Solix will use different Y cables.

    It’s a moot point for me since I’m running an Ultrex with a 60” shaft and according the FAQs on the Humminbird website the M360 isn’t compatible with shafts past 54”. I believe this is also the case with the older style non-Mega 360 transducer.
    I called HB today and they told me it's "compatible" with all Ultrex motors. I assume that means it'll bolt on to he Ultrex just fine. Looking at the pictures of how it attaches to Ultrex I'm speculating whether or not it'll work likely as to do more with how high the motor sits above the water (bow height) than the length of the motor's shaft. It appears if the bow and motor sit too high, the transducer won't be deep enough in the water for it to work. I'm buying a 621 FS Pro (deep V, multi-species) so I assume it'll be close.

    If my above assumption is incorrect feel free to enlighten me....

  12. Member Hollada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lake St Clair, Michigan
    Posts
    1,802
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    I know the mega 360 uses the transducer port .... apparently you didn't read my post very carefully.
    Read it 3-4 times. The only sense I could make is that your saying people will read their transom sonar from the bow and thus wouldn’t need the y cable to connect their TM ducer to the bow unit. Is that what you meant?


    2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    36V Ultrex

  13. Member Bob B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Creve Coeur, IL
    Posts
    5,064
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Read it 3-4 times. The only sense I could make is that your saying people will read their transom sonar from the bow and thus wouldn’t need the y cable to connect their TM ducer to the bow unit. Is that what you meant?
    Many people will have a unit at the bow that they dedicate for use with the Mega 360 .... and they will have another unit at the bow that can have a transducer connected to it .... so why would the Mega 360 unit need to have a transducer. Those people whould be paying for a cable they didn't need if the transducer splitter cable was always included.

    The people who want to run a transduer off the same unit as the mega 360 .... I may be one of them .... have the option to buy the cable seperately.

    If the cable is bundled with the mega 360 .... you WILL be paying for it as part of the bundle. They won't be giving it away.
    Last edited by Bob B; 10-22-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ___

    **Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

    Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

  14. Member Hollada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lake St Clair, Michigan
    Posts
    1,802
    #14
    Who the heck puts two units on the bow.




    Doh!


    2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    36V Ultrex

  15. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Shoals, IN.
    Posts
    619
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada;[URL="tel:10603695"
    10603695[/URL]]Who the heck puts two units on the bow.
    a lot of guys are running 2 even 3 on the bow. Some running 360 and Live view, I run a dedicated unit on bow for 360 only and it stays on constantly, and second unit for 2d and charts or even SI sometimes while 360 is running. It’s what ever floats your boat.

  16. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    62
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    There a probably a lot of people who won't connect a transducer to the unit and just get the data thru Ethernet .... so why put a cable in the box and charge them for something they won't use?
    Further, since there are separate adapter cables for Helix and Solix you'd be paying for two cables you might not use....

  17. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Clanton, Al
    Posts
    580
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Who the heck puts two units on the bow.




    Doh!
    The norm for the 2020 season will be 4 units up front. 1 for mapping, 1 for sonar, 1 for 360 Mega, and 1 for Livescope. And of course there will be some with 5 units just because everybody else is running 4.
    2019 Ranger RT188 Charcoal-Green fusion
    2019 Mercury 115 Pro XS CT
    80# Ultrex IPilot
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 93plus SV

  18. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Shoals, IN.
    Posts
    619
    #18
    You can early order a Mega 360 from BBG Marine and save a few bucks. Not sure about some of the other electronics suppliers or sponsors. https://bbgmarine.com/search.php?sea...ection=product. Got mine ordered!

  19. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Sellersburg, IN
    Posts
    1,555
    #19
    I have 2 Helix 10s at bow. One for 360 and one for chart/2d sonar.
    I guess I don't understand if I have a Y cable up front or not. My 2d transducer is mounted on bottom of my tm. My 360 pod is mounted on the tm shaft. Both units are networked through Ethernet port.

  20. Member Wayne P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    34,406
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    I have 2 Helix 10s at bow. One for 360 and one for chart/2d sonar.
    I guess I don't understand if I have a Y cable up front or not. My 2d transducer is mounted on bottom of my tm. My 360 pod is mounted on the tm shaft. Both units are networked through Ethernet port.
    It makes no difference with a current 360 if you have a Y cable or not. The current 360 is an Ethernet accessory and connects to a display with an Ethernet cable directly or through an AS ETH 5PXG Ethernet Switch.

    The MEGA 360 is NOT an Ethernet accessory and it connects to the unit transducer port. If you want another transducer connected to the transducer port to give you DI and/or 2D sonar, you have to use a Y cable to share that port.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N, Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA SI G3
    2.180-----------------------------------------,2.180
    SOLIX 12 SI, Helix 7 CHIRP SI G2, Helix 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G3N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360
    3.640,------------2.110,---------------------,2.180-------------------------------------------------1.070

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast