Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I haven’t read up but is it true that mega 360 will not work with Solix gn1?

Quote Originally Posted by Stroker250xs View Post
    I haven’t read up but is it true that mega 360 will not work with Solix gn1?
    In the Solix line it can only be connected to a G2n SI + or DI + unit ..... it can then be shared over the network to the G1
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    In the Solix line it can only be connected to a G2n SI + or DI + unit ..... it can then be shared over the network to the G1
    that made my mind up easily. I’m glad I didn’t pre order. Looks like I’ll buy buy live scope since I have to buy another unit since my gn1 Solix’s won’t work

4. Member
    Estimated ship date is now looking to be 12/20

5. Member
    I understand you need either an SI+ or DI+ display to use Mega 360.

So there will be no difference in picture quality between these different units? I thought Mega 360 is more like a SI view/scan. Seems like if you only want to use the M360, you can save money and get just the DI+ units?

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    I understand you need either an SI+ or DI+ display to use Mega 360.

So there will be no difference in picture quality between these different units? I thought Mega 360 is more like a SI view/scan. Seems like if you only want to use the M360, you can save money and get just the DI+ units?
    360 and MEGA 360 are Side Imaging transducers that rotate. They can also be used as a Side Imaging transducer (they don't rotate then).

Neither 360 does 2D sonar, so if you want a depth readout on the 360 view, you need at least a 2D transducer involved.
    Both 360's will function without a depth source.

Since the MEGA 360 connects to the transducer port and replaces Side Imaging, it makes sense to run them with a DI+ unit and DI transducer with the MEGA 360 providing Side Imaging and 360. You get all three sonar technologies at a lower cost than with a SI+ unit.

If you just want MEGA 360 and nothing else, the DI+ CHO models are a lower cost (doesn't come with a transducer).
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    360 and MEGA 360 are Side Imaging transducers that rotate. They can also be used as a Side Imaging transducer (they don't rotate then).

Neither 360 does 2D sonar, so if you want a depth readout on the 360 view, you need at least a 2D transducer involved.
    Both 360's will function without a depth source.

Since the MEGA 360 connects to the transducer port and replaces Side Imaging, it makes sense to run them with a DI+ unit and DI transducer with the MEGA 360 providing Side Imaging and 360. You get all three sonar technologies at a lower cost than with a SI+ unit.

If you just want MEGA 360 and nothing else, the DI+ CHO models are a lower cost (doesn't come with a transducer).
    So does that mean the only difference between the DI+ and SI+ models are the transducer that it comes with?

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    So does that mean the only difference between the DI+ and SI+ models are the transducer that it comes with?
    That would be my guess .... plus the unit's software.

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

9. Member
    Gentlemen, So is this true that HB has now pushed back the delivery date of the Mega 360?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrunix View Post
    Gentlemen, So is this true that HB has now pushed back the delivery date of the Mega 360?
    BBG Marine posted on FB yesterday, stating Humminbird MEGA 360 is back ordered until late January.

11. Member
    Not surprising to me as they have to release new Y cables, a software update per the mega 360 manual for the Mega 360 to work,for the helix models, and the Mega 360 itself all at once it looks like as none of the 3 are available now.

12. Member
    I preordered a Mega 360 for Ultrex through Russell Marine. They are expecting to ship mine somewhere between Christmas and the first week in January.

13. Member
    So who can tell me in what order these will be released who will be the first to receive the 360 Mega?

Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    So who can tell me in what order these will be released who will be the first to receive the 360 Mega?
    Ott Defoe was using one when he won the Bassmasters Classic in March. Aaron Martins has posted some screenshots recently. They are pro-staff.

Distributors may get them to boat dealers first for their new boat sales.
    Common sense would assume the first general public acquisitions will be those that pre-order and get the first ones that dealers get in stock.
    Have you pre-ordered yours to be the first ones?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Ott Defoe was using one when he won the Bassmasters Classic in March. Aaron Martins has posted some screenshots recently. They are pro-staff.

Distributors may get them to boat dealers first for their new boat sales.
    Common sense would assume the first general public acquisitions will be those that pre-order and get the first ones that dealers get in stock.
    Have you pre-ordered yours to be the first ones?
    I have a Phoenix on order that is supposed to be done sometime around January. I ordered with a 360 when I seen the Mega was coming out I called my dealer and said I wanted the Mega and if it wasn’t available by the time the boat was done just leave the 360 off and give me a credit and when the Mega comes available I will add it.

Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    I have a Phoenix on order that is supposed to be done sometime around January. I ordered with a 360 when I seen the Mega was coming out I called my dealer and said I wanted the Mega and if it wasn’t available by the time the boat was done just leave the 360 off and give me a credit and when the Mega comes available I will add it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    My est delivery date from Hodges Marine is/was Dec 10th but no shipping info yet.

On another note, below is the response from Humminbird regarding M360 connectivity.

Humminbird MEGA 360 Imaging can be directly connected to all SOLIX® model fish finders and all HELIX® models(via the Ethernet adapter) that have MEGA Imaging+® capabilities. These units can share MEGA 360 imaging data over ethernet to all SOLIX models and HELIX G2N and G3N units.

I asked the question because I was looking for the most cost effective way to implement M360 with my existing setup. I currently have a Helix 12 G2N on the bow, but to run M360 and share the signal you must have a Mega G3N unit. I want to use a Helix 10 G3N to run the M360 signal to my Helix 12 G2N, which per Humminbird can be done. But, not sure how that's going to work if M360 uses the ethernet port (per HB). Wondering if I can run it to my ethernet hub and distribute from there. Hopefully once the units start delivering, the best way to integrate into a 3 unit network will be clearer and allow for proper waypoint creation and sharing from M360.

Quote Originally Posted by akowalc1 View Post
    My est delivery date from Hodges Marine is/was Dec 10th but no shipping info yet.

On another note, below is the response from Humminbird regarding M360 connectivity.

Humminbird MEGA 360 Imaging can be directly connected to all SOLIX® model fish finders and all HELIX® models(via the Ethernet adapter) that have MEGA Imaging+® capabilities. These units can share MEGA 360 imaging data over ethernet to all SOLIX models, and HELIX G2N and G3N units.

I asked the question because I was looking for the most cost effective way to implement M360 with my existing setup. I currently have a Helix 12 G2N on the bow, but to run M360 and share the signal you must have a Mega G3N unit. I want to use a Helix 10 G3N to run the M360 signal to my Helix 12 G2N, which per Humminbird can be done. But, not sure how that's going to work if M360 uses the ethernet port (per HB). Wondering if I can run it to my ethernet hub and distribute from there. Hopefully once the units start delivering, the best way to integrate into a 3 unit network will be clearer and allow for proper waypoint creation and sharing from M360.
    That ain't happening since the MEGA 360 is NOT an Ethernet accessory that can be connected to anything via Ethernet cable with or with an Ethernet adapter. You can stop wondering about that connection.

The MEGA 360 when connected to a SOLIX G2's transducer port can be shared to other SOLIX units via Ethernet.

The MEGA 360 when connected to a Helix MEGA SI+ or Helix MEGA DI+ unit's transducer port can be shared to other Helix G3N's and Helix G2N's via Ethernet

It cannot be shared between SOLIX and Helix units with any connection. There is at least a comma missing in that sentence.

The G3N Helix 10 would have to be a MEGA SI+ or MEGA DI+ unit to connect the MEGA 360 to it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    I just got an email from my rep as I'm a pro-staff member for Humminbird, he told me that the release date right now is mid January and I will have the m360 for the delivery of my new boat late Jan

Quote Originally Posted by akowalc1 View Post
    ......Humminbird MEGA 360 Imaging can be directly connected to all SOLIX® model fish finders and all HELIX® models(via the Ethernet adapter) that have MEGA Imaging+® capabilities. These units can share MEGA 360 imaging data over ethernet to all SOLIX models and HELIX G2N and G3N units........
    I read the same in the M360 manual, but don’t believe it.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast