Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrien19 View Post
    I’m sorry Wayne but I think I’m a bit confused. I don’t intend to use a Y cable for the 360. I received one other cable besides the two power cables, it has markings 490422-3(D) 0320. Is that the transducer extension cable you speak of. I was under the assumption this was a solix connection.
    One cable has 14-pin plugs on both ends. That is to connect to the MEGA 360 14-pin plug and the other to connect to a SOLIX= 14-pin transducer extension cable. That is a standard accessory cable listed on the Humminbird website. There is a 30' version also.
    Mine has 490422-3D 3019 in the tag.

The other one has a 14-pin plug on one end to connect to the MEGA 360 and on the other end is a 7-pin plug to connect to a Helix= 14-pin to 7-pin converter cable. 490537-1 with bar code 190731870010 on the tag.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    I’m sorry Wayne but I think I’m a bit confused. I don’t intend to use a Y cable for the 360. I received one other cable besides the two power cables, it has markings 490422-3(D) 0320. Is that the transducer extension cable you speak of. I was under the assumption this was a solix connection.
    According to the Online installation instructions... “Cables: Your MEGA 360 Imaging transducer comes with the cables required to connect directly to your Humminbird fish finder. This includes a 10' MEGA 360 power cable, a 10’ SOLIX transducer cable, and a 10' HELIX transducer adapter cable.” You may have to call HB if it’s not in there.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/sites/johnsonoutdoors-store/files/assets/misc/HU/H/HUM_productmanual_MEGA_360_532684E/HUM_productmanual_MEGA_360_532684E.pdf

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    One cable has 14-pin plugs on both ends. That is to connect to the MEGA 360 14-pin plug and the other to connect to a SOLIX= 14-pin transducer extension cable. That is a standard accessory cable listed on the Humminbird website. There is a 30' version also.
    Mine has 490422-3D 3019 in the tag.

The other one has a 14-pin plug on one end to connect to the MEGA 360 and on the other end is a 7-pin plug to connect to a Helix= 14-pin to 7-pin converter cable. 490537-1 with bar code 190731870010 on the tag.
    So effectively I could hook the cable with the 14 pin connector at each end into the 360, into the MKR-MDI-1 and then into my helix unit?

So effectively I could hook the cable with the 14 pin connector at each end into the 360, into the MKR-MDI-1 and then into my helix unit?
    I think so since that cable is used for a MDI or MSI built-in transducer so it should have all the circuits.

BUT you should still get the correct one at some point. Contact Humminbird Customer Service.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I think so since that cable is used for a MDI or MSI built-in transducer so it should have all the circuits.

BUT you should still get the correct one at some point. Contact Humminbird Customer Service.
    Understood. Thank you, Wayne

6. Member
    It's here!!!
    Too bad the boat is 3.5 hours away at the lake, and I have to work. Might just have to call in sick for the rest of the week.

7. Member
    Received a Mega 360 for Fortrex from Brian at BBG on Saturday, tracking said it was to arrive today. I had ordered it on March 16th and as soon as they received them they sent one out to me.
    Thanks for the great service Brian!
    Nelson

My M360 arrived today, ordered on Jan 4 2020. Thanks again Brian at BBG.
    Veteran 82nd Airborne Division " ALL THE WAY "

9. Member
    It's been confirmed bigfoot exists
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Got a problem. Just got mine today from Brian at BBG. Got it hooked up, confirmed I have power. Had it in a bucket of water. My unit will not recognize the mega transducer. Anyone have these issues? I even cleaned the wet switch with rubbing alcohol before trying it. When I took it off and turn it over water came out of where the wires go into the transducer. Not sure if that is normal or not.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sirerin View Post
    Got a problem. Just got mine today from Brian at BBG. Got it hooked up, confirmed I have power. Had it in a bucket of water. My unit will not recognize the mega transducer. Anyone have these issues? I even cleaned the wet switch with rubbing alcohol before trying it. When I took it off and turn it over water came out of where the wires go into the transducer. Not sure if that is normal or not.
    Just checking.... have you updated your unit to the newest software version that lets it recognize the mega 360?
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    Just checking.... have you updated your unit to the newest software version that lets it recognize the mega 360?
    Yes I am running version 2.180.

Yes that is normal, that is why the rubber plug at the top the shaft has vent holes so the water runs out at the pod end.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    Wayne, any ideas what may be wrong except just a bad unit from the factory?

No, someone else is having the same issue I think.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    You didn't use an adapter cable or anything you already had when you did the install did you? Someone mentioned the other day about this issue, but they had used an adapter cable they already had instead of using the one humminbird provided with the m360. Turned out that the new cable was just a little different and made all the difference with his issue of it not being recognized.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

Sirein, read this thread for possible solution. Probably need to post in that thread with your complete setup. Transducer, transducer setting, cables used etc....

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1044710&page=2
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

18. Member
    My M360 from Hodges Marine arrived today. Who knows when I'll get a chance to try it out, but so glad it is finally here. Hang in there.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

19. Member
    Did you have your 360 deployed into the bucket of water prior to powering on your FF and Mega 360?
    if so, try retracting your 360 and turning power off on everything. Then power up your FF that 360 is plugged into and let it do full start up and select normal and go to the accessory test page. Next power up your 360 then deploy it into the water. I had this exact problem and was on the phone with HB for almost an hour before I figured it out.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    Did you have your 360 deployed into the bucket of water prior to powering on your FF and Mega 360?
    if so, try retracting your 360 and turning power off on everything. Then power up your FF that 360 is plugged into and let it do full start up and select normal and go to the accessory test page. Next power up your 360 then deploy it into the water. I had this exact problem and was on the phone with HB for almost an hour before I figured it out.
    Yes I did. I'll give that a try.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast