What exactly do I have here?

Hey guys, admittedly I'm an omc guy, but got such a good deal on this boat that I couldn't resist. The cowling, motor bracket, etc all say mariner 150 (oil injected, which has been removed), but the powerhead says 200. Is this a 2.0? 2.5? Approx what year? It needs rebuilt as the top starboard piston has a hole from presumably running lean. Do the pistons say .030, etc if they are oversized? I see nothing on them except s and p which is presume to mean starboard and port. Thanks guys!

Serial numbers are.. Powerhead serial is ams09279w. Motor bracket is 5637220

upload image

upload image

upload image

upload image
    Last edited by JoshKeller; 10-20-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

2. Member
    2.4 LITER 200,most all pistons do say size on tops, that will be a chrome bore mtr any damage to bore will require sleeving or replateing, I got a bunch of stuff for that mtr/ powerhead
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    2.4 LITER 200,most all pistons do say size on tops, that will be a chrome bore mtr any damage to bore will require sleeving or replateing, I got a bunch of stuff for that mtr/ powerhead
    I came up with a 3.375" bore. Appears that's stock for a 2.4. All cylinders look good, I'm guessing the top cylinder ran lean. What rpm should I shoot for? Will probably replace the wrist pin, bearing, piston and rings. Go over carbs, check wot timing.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle