Serious College Football Question

Who in their right mind would want to play for Kirby Smart? I have no dog in this fight (no pun intended) but the guy seems to be a whiner and not too smart (again, no pun intended).
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

2. Member
    Coming from someone from Ohio, that's funny.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Who is Kirby Smart? Sorry if this is a Dumb Question
    Last edited by Hoot; 10-19-2019 at 10:14 PM.

4. Member
    He is a whiner for sure. Pretty sure he got his ass kicked on the playground for snitching growing up.

5. Member
    He's definitely a crybaby. His team acts like their leader too.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

Doesn't sound smart.

Any team other than Kentucky would beat them today . Cats drop a wide open touchdown from their receiver thats plays quarter back .

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Any team other than Kentucky would beat them today . Cats drop a wide open touchdown from their receiver thats plays quarter back .
    It makes being a fan tough when

1. Your 1st string qb gets hurt in the 2nd game and is out for the year
    2. Your 2nd string qb is hurt and not available
    3. Your 3rd string qb gets hurt in the preseason and is out for the year
    4. Your 4th string qb is coming back from an injury and isnt ready to go
    5. Your 5th string qb is a true freshman that came in late and doesnt know the system

yowza this hurts to watch
    They aint got hands, set the hook

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Who in their right mind would want to play for Kirby Smart? I have no dog in this fight (no pun intended) but the guy seems to be a whiner and not too smart (again, no pun intended).
    Oh, IDK. In 4 years, kirby has won the SEC, Won The Rose Bowl, Won a CFL Playoff game, and taken the AL to OT in the NC game, and won 16/17 in the SEC East. BTW, the Big 12 and OU has NEVER won a CFP game (much less played in the NC game). So the question should be, who would want to play anywhere else?
    Last edited by GregA; 10-19-2019 at 08:09 PM.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    It makes being a fan tough when

1. Your 1st string qb gets hurt in the 2nd game and is out for the year
    2. Your 2nd string qb is hurt and not available
    3. Your 3rd string qb gets hurt in the preseason and is out for the year
    4. Your 4th string qb is coming back from an injury and isnt ready to go
    5. Your 5th string qb is a true freshman that came in late and doesnt know the system

yowza this hurts to watch
    and y'all still beat Arkansas. You get no pity from me, lol!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS456 View Post
    and y'all still beat Arkansas. You get no pity from me, lol!!

And we always have basketball. We kinda have to hang our hat on that
    They aint got hands, set the hook

12. Banned
    Not many, I mean he only has a had Top 5 recruiting classes since he arrived at Georgia... Dan

Right now his OC hire isn't looking to smart. The Offense is terrible and if he doesn't recognize this and force some changes to the play calling we are in big trouble and I can see us loosing to FL, Au and Mizzo. Its so bad the fans are booing the team on the field and the players hear it. That is not good for the program in anyway. Its a distraction to the players I personally think its has the potential to be a big problem if he doesn't do something fast. This also has the potential to impact recruiting. As a Dawg fan this really concerns me. He could have put the lid on a lot of this with a better game plan last night but, he did not. I know the weather was bad but, the offense ran the same lame ass plays and the fans recognized that and reacted. Hell anyone who has watched the last 3 or 4 games has seen it.
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 10-20-2019 at 07:40 AM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Not many, I mean he only has a had Top 5 recruiting classes since he arrived at Georgia... Dan
    I wonder what a good coach would do with those classes?? A good recruiter and a good coach are two different things.

--Voltaire

15. Member
    The real analysis to this question is coming up. Starting next year there will be no hold over from Richt.

So far, his record at this time is about equal to that of Richt thru four years and I would bet with A LOT better personnel. Additionally, Kirby is competing against an East division that is historically weak. FL and TN are both getting better and as they do the road to ATL gets a lot tougher.

We shall see. I am looking forward to it.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    I wonder what a good coach would do with those classes?? A good recruiter and a good coach are two different things.
    So all of those 4 and 5 star recruits commit to Georgia knowing that Coach Smart is going to waste their talents???... He must be getting some pretty embarrassing dirt on their Mom's and Dad's to force them to sign with Georgia... The man wins, throw out is first season and he's winning about 84% of the games he coaches in one the the toughest conference in college football... Yesterday was just a flat out sloppy day and the play of both football teams reflected it... Georgia won 21-0 and did so despite the coach???... And Georgia's D gave up 17 yards passing and a 163 on the ground... Yup, piss poor coaching... Get the pitchforks... Dan

17. Member
    He apparently is not so great of a judge of talent either. The Ohio State University is going to win the national championship with his "second string" quarterback.

--Voltaire

18. Banned
    Happens all over college football. Maybe Ohio State's "second string" Qb wins the Heisman and National Championship at LSU???... One man's junk in another man's treasure... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Orange Basser View Post
    The real analysis to this question is coming up. Starting next year there will be no hold over from Richt.

So far, his record at this time is about equal to that of Richt thru four years and I would bet with A LOT better personnel. Additionally, Kirby is competing against an East division that is historically weak. FL and TN are both getting better and as they do the road to ATL gets a lot tougher.

We shall see. I am looking forward to it.
    Richt competed against a lot better Tennessee teams, a lot better Florida teams in the beginning, and a helluva a lot better South Carolina teams ..it's a different kind of offense helms. The talent at UGA doesn't fit what Fields brings to the table at his best as qb. He fits into the osu system much better. If he was playing at UGA he definitely wouldn't look like he has simply because the type of offense that the system requires him to play. Much like the osu backup that is now at lsu. Took him some time to get acclimated but he is shining in baton rouge. Bad qb in a great system looks good...great QB in a bad system looks good. Swap those around and what do you have??? Pair the right QB with the right system and then what? Tebow in college?? Brady in the pros?? It's not difficult to spot...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand