Killswitch wired wrong?

Hey guys,

Don't know if bringing this is up is in anyway helpful, as the dealer is hours away. But I think my killswitch may be wired wrong. It doesn't work at all. Looking at the manual, the killswitch should be wired to ground and the green ignition wire. This is a Suzuki DF200SS. When I popped open the panel to look, the killswitch was wired to a black and a grey/black wire coming from the transom it seemed.....I went home and looked at the Falcon manual and that's the anchor light???

Should I go to a dealer or let Falcon know?

2. Member
    Should I go to a dealer or let Falcon know?

both likely best
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I would contact Falcon. If your dealer rigged the boat, it's probably going to have to go back to him. If it was factory rigged, they may can let you know if there is a closer dealer.

I am assuming you have pulled the kill switch and the motor still cranks and starts.....if so, its a problem that they should fix as a safety issue pretty quick.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

5. Member
    I called Falcon and they said they did the rigging. The grey/black and black wire are extensions they used, as they didn't have a green wire available. Fortunately, the issue should be quick to figure out. The motor cranks and turns off fine with the ignition switch, so we can rule out any issue with the motor. That leaves the killswitch itself or the killswitch wiring from the ignition. Unfortunately, the nearest dealer is hours away, so I just took it to my local shop. Hopefully I get the boat back tmrw or early next week. I'm also putting a hydraulic jack plate on it to squeeze every ounce performance before I start switching props.