Bass Pro Johnny Morris Platinum opinions

I need to replace a couple of old reels. Im looking at reels at or less than $200. I seen the Johnny Morris Platinum reels and they seem smooth and look nice.
    Was wanting some opinions from you guys who have them or had them.
    Or is there another reel in that price range better? I need to buy 2 and dont want to spend more than $200 a reel.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

I would suggest at least taking a look at the Daiwa Tatula reels before you decide. Well within your price point. They look great, are durable and perform great.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I love my Platinum reels! They’re great and they’re small! Definitely worth the money, I’d say it’s the best reel for 200. I really like my Tatulas as well, especially my Type Rs but they’re a bigger frame. If you want a smaller framed reel, the Platinum is great. If you want something a little physically larger I’d go Tatula.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Banned
    If 1 is 'good' 2 or 3 are 'better'...

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Clea...QCASTREEL.html

If You're a 'Portsider' there is a steal of a deal of a Daiwa™ JDM

I would take a Curado K over any BPS reel.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    I would take a Curado K over any BPS reel.
    Agree, I would get that or Curado 70 if you want a very small profile.

7. Banned
    If you are referring to the silver reel with the red accents, then yes, it's a great reel. It's a Doyo product, which is who makes Lews. This particular reel is a full aluminum construction (frame, and both sideplates), aluminum main gear, handle, drag star, and internally has all the new Doyo clutch features. Dual braking system is a nice feature for spool control. I got one of someone on this site barely used for a killer deal, and took it with me to Guntersville. I fished it with 17lb Sufix Advance and was crushing fish on a swimbait. This reel performed great, and the drag was really smooth. I am very impressed with this particular reel. It's just solid.