2016 ZX190 is unique

Does anyone know about this particular model? It seems to have only been built for this one year. Why is that? Was performance poor? Was profit margin too low? It looks like the nicest ZX190 ever and I wondered why Skeeter abandoned it and went back to the older ZX/TZX design for the 190.

2. Member
    Most likely a cost cutting factor. It is frustrating that they turned the ZX190 into the TZX190.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

3. Member
    IMO the latest ZX190 is not a true ZX. So many features missing compared the other boats in the ZX line. I had a 2012 ZX190 that was a very nice boat. All of the features and layout of its larger brethren.
    I'm sure cost has a lot to do with it. The biggest cost of the boat is the labor. The hull/topcap of a small boat has a relative cost equal to a bigger boat so the margin is much better on big boats.
    If you want a nice ZX190, find a 2016 or 2012-2014 with a nod for the 2014 since they switched to rod straps instead of bungees.
    The 2016 will likely become a unicorn like the FXi line or the TZX195.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    My uncle has one of these. For a smaller boat the fishing platform is really nice, reminds me of some bigger boats I have been in with the tm down. The ride is impressive for an 18' class boat. Depending on the weather and load in the boat it will run low two mid 60's with a 175. I have seen 66 once with just myself in it, this was in July so you could probably squeeze more out of it this time of the year. I would not hesitate to purchase one if you find a good deal.

Foothills Marine of Lake Norman has a used one for sale!
    Check it out https://www.foothillsmarine.com/defa...OwnedInventory

6. Member
    I did see that! It looks amazing. That’s kind of what sparked this thread. Next year I will be in the market for a new or used boat that will fit in my garage and the current ZX190 seems so lackluster compared to the 2016s.

Anyone know the part number for those rod straps?!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by axis View Post
    Anyone know the part number for those rod straps?!
    If you are looking at replacing the bungees with straps you are in for a lot of work. I did it on my 2012 and lived to tell about it.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    I owned this boat. I purchased a holdover in 2017 it was loaded! HDS gen 3 7’s front and back. Drydock, Fortrex 80 pound, 175 sho. I installed the keel guard, made the center step for it and also purchased the carpeted glove compartment lids. But that boat/motor has planing issues. I installed the negative wedges. Tried different props.... nothing worked. Ultimately, I had to send mine back to Skeeter so they could glass in some wedges. Skeeter was awesome about it. When I got it back it definitely planed better. I just didn’t feel it was the boat for me. I sold it last summer. Bought me a zx225. I love it!