St Croix legend X

I'm looking for some feedback from those that have used the St Croix legend X rods. I'm not looking for anything particular more so open to best rods in the line up. Football jig rods are always at the top of my list, so would t-rig and chatterbait type rods. Let me know if you have some thoughts. Appreciate the feedback.

I own 4 74h Legends x... they are great 1/2-3/4 jig rods...tons if power and pretty darn sensitive...i also own A 76mhmf which makes a nice plastics and jig rod.....i have dragged footballs with both of them and they both fill the bill..... one think i didnt like, every ring insert popped out of the tip guide.... doesnt make you to happy, paying for a high end rod and that happens..

3. Member
    Any comparison in terms of sensitivity to the glx and nrx Loomis rods?

4. Member
    i own quite a few legend elite rods same blank just full grip instead of split grip, and i think the guides may be different in size. the 7'6 mh makes a pretty good football jig rod thats what i use it for a lot and as far as the sensitivity goes for me anyway i feel as if its loomis glx ish range in the sensitivity. I dont think they quite touch the nrx in the sensitivity race but they are no slouch and i dont think you will miss bites with this blank. for me the 7'6 ml and med spinning rods are stand outs and awesome to fish, the 7' ml rod is great, i really like the 7'mh fast casting rod its a do it all type rod for me ive thrown chatter baits, jigs, plastics and much more with this one. and i love the 7' med casting as another do it all on the lighter side such as jerkbaits, underspins, 1/4 oz keitechs and so on. they are really good rods for sure

I've been fishing quite a few of the Legend series rods over the past couple years now. Like Revo said, the blanks of the Legend Elite, Legend X, and Legend Xtreme are the same - the cosmetics are the primary difference. Overall, the blank quality is fantastic. They're durable, sensitive, and between the three, there are a lot of options to cover a wide range of presentations. The 74H is a very nice football jig type rod, or jigs and plastics in general. The 71MHXF is a great t-rig/Senko rod. The standard 7MHF does a fine job with chatter baits and spinner baits in that 3/8 to 1/2 oz range. Feel free to shoot me a PM anytime - we always take care of our BBC St. Croix guys!

6. Member
    I own NRXs, Megabass Destroyers, Exprides and a couple Legend X's. The sensitivity on the Legend X's is OUTSTANDING! For a $400 rod you're getting an extremely light rod (Thanks to the Torzite guides) and easily the best bass rods in St Croix's lineup. These rods blow away Legend Bass rods in both sensitivity and weight/balance. They're not even in the same ballpark.

One thing that's unique to the Legend X rods is the soft tips. I don't know how to explain it, but the legend X rods are NOT stiff broomsticks. Their tips are fast (not extra fast) but they are almost to the point of being moderate. It makes them fun to cast and set the hook on.. but don't expect stiff rods. It's WAY different than a JWR NRX or GLX. I think the softer tips actually make the rods more versatile because you can fish bottom contact & moving baits with them. I'd almost consider their actions to be more closely related to the Conquest MBR's.

Legend Xtreme rods do NOT have this same 'soft tip' action as the Legend X's. They are more traditional.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

7. Member
    I have several legend X and Legend rods in both casting and spinning. The legend X are in my hands crisper and more sensitive. The 74 and 71 casting are both outstanding rods. I also really like the “flipping “ models especially the 7’6 model. I sold my NRX when I got the legend X rods. I still have my mega bass destroyers but find myself using the legend X’s more then the others

8. Member
    This is really good info, I truly appreciate the help. They are obviously worth my time to at least try one out. I used to use the legend tournament bass rods and liked those as well. Went to steez and nrx this year for a few rods and sold my legend tournament rods. I want to try these to compare against those models. The St Croixs always felt so comfortable to me. Kind of like the steez do. The nrx rods are so good at bottom contact however.

9. Member
    Honestly the Legend Tournament Bass rods are SO freaking unbalanced. I got so tired of them being so ridiculously tip heavy that i sold 5 of them that I had. Legend Xs are easily the best rods St Croix makes. The fit and finish is really nothing spectacular, but man they fish nice.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing