First Skeeter. Need some advice.

I paid a deposit on my first bass boat today, a Skeeter ZX225. I have never driven a bass boat before. My previous boats are a Ranger RP190 center console aluminum bay boat and a G3 center console. I have been fishing bass tournaments for the past 3 years out of my Ranger and it has one of the best rides I've ever been in when in rough amd choppy water. Some questions I have are, how do you take care of the hull? I was thinking of putting a ceramic coating on the hull. Have any of you done that and will it damage the gel coat? Also, what prop do you prefer? My boat has a Yamaha 225 on it with a manual factory jack plate. What have you found to be the best prop to pad distance? I can't wait to pick up my ZX225 next Friday. Any other pointers or things to look for is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    2019 Skeeter ZX225

2. Member
    I bought my Zx225 new in 2016. Congratulations you'll love the hole shot compared to your previous boat! ...also the sports car like handling! There will be a bit of a learning curve for you with some saddle time required in order to understand the new hull with confidence...a direct u turn at 60 mph plus without letting off the gas is not uncommon for me. Your dealer should be installing the right prop from the git go and they should be setting at the right dots on the plate...you find some very useful performance oriented guys here on the forum...Randy will be one of them! As far as care goes for the hull...I put a generous coat of marine wax on mine with care taken not to get it on the rubber parts like the rub rails...once a year...then after each use I detail it with Lucas marine speed wax. My boat still looks like the day I bought it. I use Lucas marine vinyl care for the interior (seats). Break in on the Yamaha 225 beast will come with many different opinions. I highly suggest that you do some homework on this subject before following the printed instructions in the manual unless they have updated it since my purchase in 2016. Enjoy your new bug!!!!!