2008 VZ225 Odd chain of events starting

Today I was out on Lake Lavon (NE of Dallas for those unfamiliar) Water is 4-6 below normal.

Headed back to boat ramp after fishing. 12' of water. Lots of trees/stumps so I was idling and on the same track that I took going out when lower end of motor hit a submerged small stump. (I did not have the motor trimmed up because I had been on that track going out and hit nothing but I WAS idling) Killed the motor. Tried to restart and it would turn over but not start. Tried for a while then dropped the trolling motor to get back to ramp concerned about how I was going to get the boat back on the trailer.

After a few minutes on the trolling motor, I trimmed the big motor up, hit the key, and it fired right up and ran as normal.

There is no damage to anything on the boat, skeg, prop or anywhere else.
    '
    Is this normal? I have only had this boat about 6 months and my first boat is about 40 years, so I am not exactly experienced. 1992 Champion 201. Motor has about 280 hours right now.

Wayne

2. Member
    I have a 2003 hpdi 225 and had the exact same thing happen. I hit a small stump killed the engine and took a few minutes for it to start back up. I have never had another issue

3. Member
    Thanks, maybe it is somewhat normal then for the motor to do this. I wasn't prepared for it to happen and was afraid something was screwed up. After it started , it ran fine.

I will be more cautious from now on and get the trim up when going through these mine fields.

Wayne