Thread: Dons cocktail Q

Dons cocktail Q

I’ve had my 08 591 with a 150 optimax, I just learned about dons cocktail. The boat has between 1/2 tank and 3/4. Can I add a few ounces of quickare and Kleen before I drive to the lake this weekend? Or wait til I fill up again? Might not need fuel for a while since my runs are short at the moment.

thanks,
    Jeff

Absolutely !

3. Member
    Definitely add it.

4. Member
    Use quickstor

5. Member
    I have some, Do you run quickstor year round? Or only when sitting for extended periods of time? How much do you add per gallon?

6. Member
    I run Quickleen and Quickare all year and start adding Quickstor towards the end of the season. I think Quickstor is 1 ounce for 5 gallons.

7. Member
    I run quickstor year round. Don said quickcare is only good for 15 days. Sometimes my boat sits for more than 15 days.

Quote Originally Posted by jtollison View Post
    I’ve had my 08 591 with a 150 optimax, I just learned about dons cocktail. The boat has between 1/2 tank and 3/4. Can I add a few ounces of quickare and Kleen before I drive to the lake this weekend? Or wait til I fill up again? Might not need fuel for a while since my runs are short at the moment.

thanks,
    Jeff
    Yeah man pour some in there and run it. Next time you get gas follow the recommended ratio.
    2015 Nitro Z6
    2015 Mercury 115 4S CT