Somewhere Within the Southeastern Conference

Portrait to Landscape TV Wall Mount

So, I am in the beginning stages of looking for a wall mount for the TV in mine and the wife's bedroom. It does not have to be articulating with an arm, etc., and actually I would like it to hug the wall as close as possible. The thought behind this is that we will mount the TV (a 32" led, which we only watch sporadically), watch it in the landscape position, then when not in use, be able to turn it up vertically to portrait position. My wife is into painting and is going to paint a canvas piece to cover it up when not being used. So, it will essentially just be blended into the room decor and not be an eye sore. Anyone ever done anything like this? Any input, suggestions, or general feedback is greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    You might want to look into the recessed mount that fits between the studs for your lowest profile, sounds like a good project, hope it turns out how you plan. Good luck
    Cheese County Bass Club

3. Member
    Shouldn't be too hard to find, just google or amazon search for mounts that swivel 90 degrees. This one does 180 but is about 2 1/4" off the wall. Is that close enough? https://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-ML5...SB9RHF59FPPT88
    You may not "need" the articulating feature but it's probably going to be easier to ignore the extra features than to find one without them.

4. Member
    Somewhere Within the Southeastern Conference
    Bump

4 out of the 6 tv’s are wall mounted. Could not find what we wanted locally and bought all four from Amazon. Amazon has quite a selection

6. Member
    I would opt for a full motion mount. With the tilt only mounts it’s very hard to work behind the tv if needed. You almost always have to take the tv off the mount.

7. Banned
    https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Landsca...tronics&sr=1-1

It sets about 2" off the wall. I would highly suggest buying some locking HDMI cables along with it.

8. Member
    Can she just paint a landscape picture?

9. Member