Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Dang that sucks. They must not be getting them fully welded all the way around or something. I know i had to touch up the welds on mine when i sanded it all down and powder costed it. Havnt had any rust on mine.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Member
    I am still waiting on mine, they said they are working on some issues that have been found and will send out my replacement when the bugs get worked out.

3. Member
    DPC (Delaney Protective Coatings) did this one. Stripped & powder coated chrome color. Can do virtually any colors for $40ea
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Looks nice FastCat and where is DPC located?
    Contact Wesley at DPC 205 561-7110 (Alabama)
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

5. Member
    Received a email from RMP. They are aware of the issue and are making production & manufacturing changes to the units.
    The new ones will be made out of Stainless Steel. When they are ready they will replace.
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

Made of stainless is nice but same price? So those of us that paid the $159 for the steel ones thats not so great. Mine is fine because i re coated it but it needed some work. The rubber bumper they have makes it very desireable otherwise i woulda kept my motormate i think.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    I’m having the same issues with rust. Both pins are also rusting to a point where I have to hit them to get them to spring in.

8. Member
    I think the pins are to be stainless not positive tho. I am thinking that the rust is on the cylinders that the pins run in and they are sticking in there. I sprayed WD40 type stuff on mine to save things until i get my replacement.

9. Member
    Is the RMP motor tote made in the USA?
    2019 Phoenix 819 ProXP
    200 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman920 View Post
    RMP just shipped me a 2nd one ! these people are awsome! I have always had great customer support from them !
    awsome now you have a spare...
    2015 189 trx

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelinefishing View Post
    Is the RMP motor tote made in the USA?
    No. I asked them.

TTT Thank you for all the orders everyone!!

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Folks- let's keep this to the Sponsor's Product, no need to be commenting on other brands or types of devices in this thread.

Unrelated materials have been purged 1/18/2021.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Ok folks- as was requested in Post# 73, let's keep this to the manufacturer's product/device.

Other models, brands or devices do not need to be interjected here.

The age-old topic of the term "transom support" has been brought up dozens and dozens of times in the forums. In literal terms- most any device commercially available is technically an "Engine Support".

Then, by SUPPORTING the engine, and preventing it from bouncing up and down excessively, the stresses on the transom of the boat become more consistent (and some of the sudden forces that might occur when crossing a bump in the road are reduced).

As I've said dozens of times: If you drive through potholes and over speed bumps at 70 MPH, it's not going to matter what type of support you use (or what it's called). Something will, eventually break.

Now... please keep this post on topic.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

15. Member
    I've been happy with my RMP engine support. The rubber block is very beefy and stout. If I could suggest a slight design tweak, it would be to locate the rubber block's mounting studs where each outer support bar is located, and move the support bars from the current location outward. Or, just add a couple gussets. My unit has taken a slight set from the engine weight. That's just my 2-cents.

IMG_0582.JPGgusset.png
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djb750 View Post
    I've been happy with my RMP engine support. The rubber block is very beefy and stout. If I could suggest a slight design tweak, it would be to locate the rubber block's mounting studs where each outer support bar is located, and move the support bars from the current location outward. Or, just add a couple gussets. My unit has taken a slight set from the engine weight. That's just my 2-cents.

IMG_0582.JPGgusset.png
    OR thicker wall tubing for the tube with the pins.

Quote Originally Posted by djb750 View Post

IMG_0582.JPGgusset.png
    I would bet money it came to you that way. It's warped from welding. Metal will always warp towards the welded side.. But yes, I agree gussets wouldn't hurt and would actually help control "warpage" during the welding process.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    I would bet money it came to you that way. It's warped from welding. Metal will always warp towards the welded side.. But yes, I agree gussets wouldn't hurt and would actually help control "warpage" during the welding process.
    I don't agree with that to the point of his discovery. I have another brand that has bent in the same fashion. I know for sure it was not that way at time of purchase.

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

Often see this on other supports, where engine is being trimmed DOWN while the support is in place (intended use is to simply rest the engine on the support firmly, do NOT stall the trim "down" or try to "run it down until the short rams are pulled in").

20. Member
    As the old saying goes, You can tear up a freight train! LOL

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast