Banned

Active Imaging 3-in-1 ducer TM mount for MK Powerdrive (Skeg in front)

Having trouble finding any options to mount this transducer. I thought it was comically funny when it was in the back of the boat....now its a hinderance when trying to put it on my TM.

Was origianally planning to order the RMP mount, but it doesnt work with TMs that have the skeg up front.

Called transducer shield...and she said something about me having to cut off the skeg! lol

Am I missing something....how can I mount this giant transducer to my minn kota power drive?

2. Member
    I went through the same problem. There is a company that makes a bracket to mount the transducer via the shaft of the motor.
    But cannot remember the company at this time. As I recall you would even have to modify this to work. I ended up buying a
    trolling motor with a rear skeg. There are not many option out there that are inexspensive are work well.

Sorry no much out there!

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach11 View Post
    I went through the same problem. There is a company that makes a bracket to mount the transducer via the shaft of the motor.
    But cannot remember the company at this time. As I recall you would even have to modify this to work. I ended up buying a
    trolling motor with a rear skeg. There are not many option out there that are inexspensive are work well.

Sorry no much out there!
    if you come across that link Id appreciate it. Im pretty upset about this. I know its my own fault for having the TM i have....but had I known this would be an issue I never wouldve bought this unit. Went lowrance just cuz of the AI 3 in 1 ducer, and always had the intention of putting it on the tm (been on the back while I saved for another graph). Never wouldve spent the $1k on Ti2 had I known this was gonna happen.

4. Member
    The one I was talking about was from Johnny Ray fishing. That was the
    only transducer mount that came close and you still have to modify it.
    Sorry the best I could do.

Ram Rail Kit” From transducer shield & saver. Len

https://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/
    1992 RANGER 392V 200 MERC

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LEN B View Post
    Ram Rail Kit” From transducer shield & saver. Len

https://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/
    they told me I still had to shave off the skeg. Then buy the $150 ram rail kit, then the $189 mount. Too much money...and wayyyy to much work for how much money im spending. I dont like the idea of paying that much for something that not really a solution since you are still jerry rigging. If Im shaving off the skeg I can use a few different options, and some that are cheaper. When they told me I had to shave skeg and pay that much....I honestly eliminated the idea. Now...had it cost that much and is more plug and play where I just screw it into the transducer and then strap it to the TM and there was no power tools or skeg shaving involved I'd have done it.

I was willing to shave the skeg....if it was the only option. The fishing specialties is great....and in all honesty, I like it more and more the more I think about it. Just came in the mail today, looks very unobtrusive and like a great design. Plus it will give me much better returns since the ducer will stay oriented in one direction instead of moving with the TM head. PLUS...my boats real light so move a lot, and as much as I love me some iPilot that things always buzzing and making small movements/corrections on my rig. So the separate mount is gonna be perfect for my rig!

This is what I bought. Its a great option for livesight too if you all run that!!!

1992 RANGER 392V 200 MERC