Bullet comparison questions

Hey guys, Looking for a little information.

I am looking at Bullets and the two that I have my eyes on different models. One is a 21 XRD and the other is a 21SS. What are the advantages or disadvantages to either hull. Basically, which hull do I want?

Thanks, Brad

2. Member
    Don't know the whole story. They are different hulls. The SS is 21 foot where the 21XRD is 21' 11" if my memory serves me. I think the deck layout is different.

3. Banned
    21ss is 10" shorter than the xrd and will be a few mph faster with the same hp. If you're looking at a 250hp then you will want a sporty on the 21ss but you can run a tm on the 21x.

4. Member
    The 21XRD will ride better, the SS will be faster, The 21XRD will be more stable because it's longer, and they are laid out differently

5. Member
    I had a 20xrd, currently have a 21ss(for sale), and a 21sst I just bought. The best advise I can give you is get in both and crawl and fish around. My 20xrd was fast liked the layout didnt like latches and the way the deck lids opened. Mine was a 93 model lighter than the newer ones I think it is 20'1" so hp is unregulated. The 21ss and the sst are both a even 21' personally like the deck layout of them better as far as the way lids open etc both still fast there are things I like about both s boats I wish I could combine and make the best boat ever. The ss/sst have a shock system built into the seats and ride much better than the 20xrd. I have driven and fished out of a buddies 21xrd they are 21'10" long and still run good. The 20 is like a Corvette and the 21xrd is like a cadalack withers the s boats being best of both worlds in my opinion. Like I say I have a ss and sst sitting in my shop now I have a couple friends with the 21x boats if you ever get to ne oklahoma I can get you out in any of them. One of the best thinks about a bullet is they have a look all their own. I personally like the looks of the x boats on and off the trailer