Boat/Outdoor shows

Looking to upgrade but there's very slim pickings when it comes to tin dealers in NJ.

What boat or outdoor show have you seen the most tin boats at?

2. Member
    Most dealers only bring to shows high dollar and high margin boats. Why? Because they are selling. Economy is supporting $70,000.00 dollar boats.

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    the show that comes around to Tulsa every January has a ton of tin boats every year and always has some really good deals on the previous year models.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

4. Member
    The fishing expo in suffern ny had the best selection of boats tin and glass in the area.

5. Member
    I always enjoy going to the Milwaukee boat show. Although more pleasure boats than fishing boats, the show always has a good selection of fishing boats, from small tin rigs to large glass rigs. Last year was more fun than this year though because I was actually shopping at the time and not just looking. The fishing show in Madison always has a good selection of only fishing boats on display to look at and climb in.

If you're located halfway between New York and Philadelphia, I would think you can find a decent show somewhere within a 1 1/2 hour drive. They are normally held over the winter months. It would be well worth the travel to get to see the boats in person before making a decision. I wouldn't order a new boat based upon the internet and a brochure.
    Last edited by madmurph; 10-19-2019 at 08:46 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishingchucknj View Post
    The fishing expo in suffern ny had the best selection of boats tin and glass in the area.
    This ^^^^

But from Jackson it's about a 2 hour drive. I think the expo in Maryland run by the same company would be closer. The show outside of Philly used to have boats also.
    I haven't been there in years though...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Looking to upgrade but there's very slim pickings when it comes to tin dealers in NJ.

What boat or outdoor show have you seen the most tin boats at?
    What brands are you looking at? There's not many dealers super close to you, but you should be able to see Tracker, Ranger, Crestliner, Lowe within 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    What brands are you looking at? There's not many dealers super close to you, but you should be able to see Tracker, Ranger, Crestliner, Lowe within 2 hours.
    Waiting for a place in Pennsylvania to get the new Crestilner XF 189's in. Dealer here in NJ doesn't have any ordered. Already looked at Trackers and Rangers. New Lowe's a tuff to find.

Leaning towards a Crestliner XF 189 right now. Might change once I see one.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Waiting for a place in Pennsylvania to get the new Crestilner XF 189's in. Dealer here in NJ doesn't have any ordered. Already looked at Trackers and Rangers. New Lowe's a tuff to find.

Leaning towards a Crestliner XF 189 right now. Might change once I see one.
    Highway Marine? I visited them to check out Crestliner before I bought. They have a big facility, but the salesmen were super pushy and gave me a terrible price on the boat. I wound up buying from Nick Roberti in Kingston, NY; would be about 3 hours for you. One of the nicest guys I've ever met. No lie. When I was researching boats and talking to dealers, I wound up in a Crestliner because I wanted to buy from him. He doesn't really stock boats though, so you wouldn't be able to see it from him, but if you like what you see you should give him a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    Highway Marine? I visited them to check out Crestliner before I bought. They have a big facility, but the salesmen were super pushy and gave me a terrible price on the boat. I wound up buying from Nick Roberti in Kingston, NY; would be about 3 hours for you. One of the nicest guys I've ever met. No lie. When I was researching boats and talking to dealers, I wound up in a Crestliner because I wanted to buy from him. He doesn't really stock boats though, so you wouldn't be able to see it from him, but if you like what you see you should give him a ring.
    That's them. Don't plan to buy from them, just look. Just got a price on a leftover VT18 from a place near me and wasn't impressed. I am OK with a ride for a good deal. I have an excellent Mercury mechanic close by. Thanks for the info.