USA Daiwa Tatula SV Casting reel vs Team Lews Lite?

Which reel is built better and which would you rather fish and why?? Lews lite is lighter than the Daiwa but will it holdup and is it a better casting reel?

I have SVsthe kid has Lews Pro-G. Casting very compareable, I think the Pro-G casts further though.

3. Banned
    What are you planning on using the reel for. I have used both, and the Lews Team Lite is a cool reel, that can cast just about anything, but better for lighter baits and applications. If you want a better all around reel, like already said the Pro G would be a better grab. Its got the same braking system as the Lite too. The Tatula SV is gonna accel in lighter baits with more control, but the Tat is a bulky uncomfortable reel IMO.

4. Member
    You picked my 2 fav reels. I have both and love both. I used them this way (but will quickly tell you they both can be used however you wish) the D for close tight work, skipping, docks, swim jig close quarters, you get the idea. The L I cast to next zip code. You can't go wrong!

5. Member
    I don't think there are any reels on the market that cast as well and as far as the Lews. I am not sure how they will hold up, but they will sure sling a bait.

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The SV won’t cast as far but I like it better in every other aspect. If you want to sling a spook 60 yards don’t get the SV. It’s one of my absolute favorite reels though
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

7. Finally over 80
    I have both and the lew's cast farther and is smaller and lighter. Where the tatula is a littler larger. My choice is a Lew's hypermag

The purpose of the SV is not for long casts. Try the Tatula Long Cast model for that.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The purpose of the SV is not for long casts. Try the Tatula Long Cast model for that.
    Or if You can find a Daiwa™ T3 Ballistic™ (TackleTrap™ had some at one time) set it on 'Longcast' and get out the tape measure.. I throw a magnum Speedworm on a 7'3 Fitzgerald Worm rod and can throw this way looonger than needed, You know the casts, too long that it isn't effective; too long where if I ever got any leverage, I feel bad about it and give it all back

I have three Lew's Tourney Pro's and one Tatula SV. The Lew's reels are best for when I need casting distance, but the SV gets the nod for short distance work, especially if it involves skipping a bait.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

11. Member
    I have both, the Lews will cast farther but thats the only thing that it does better than the tatula SV. The quality on the Tatula SV is better than the Lews and it cast easier. The paint on my Team Lews lite is horrible, if you look at it the wrong way the paint falls off
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

12. Member
    TTT

13. Member
    I have three Tataula SV reels (lefty’s) that all have less than 8 hours on them. If some one would like to trade 1-2 Lews for a Like New condition Team Lews Lite Lefty In 7:5.1 ratio let me know? I have 3 - 7:3.1 Daiwa SV’s with boxes.

My lews tournament pro doesn't cast far . May be something wrong . My Tatula s do much better

15. Member
    Looking at the Team Lews Lite model in this case.....

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shafer22 View Post
    My lews tournament pro doesn't cast far . May be something wrong . My Tatula s do much better
    Check the centrifugal brakes on the spool, inside the cover opposite the handle. Should have no more than two clicked into the "on" position for best casting distance.