props with stern lift ?

Whats your thoughts on running a prop with a flair on the new V8 sportsmaster since the LU needs to be elevated?
    reason I ask -- have a Pro max with a flare ring added.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Whats your thoughts on running a prop with a flair on the new V8 sportsmaster since the LU needs to be elevated?
    reason I ask -- have a Pro max with a flare ring added.
    Never ran one. I need less stern lift on mine but some like stern lift. I think it depends on how you load the boat!
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

3. Member
    I agree with jay. Different loading for different props. They all seem to work if you know how it needs to be loadsd

Never hurts to try.. I was going to sell it but I'll run it on this new mtr first.
    I ran this new bassport with my old 300xs for about two months and could not believe how much easier it drove than any of my other Allisons. For the most part it was light loaded and a full compliment of lithium batteries.
    After getting the new (heavier) V8 and doubling the cranking battery wt. -- it sure changed the way the boat drives at speed. But I was also at full tournament wt including livewell.

5. Member
    I can say I absolutely HATED the Promax with the flair ring on mine... I would say there was too much stern lift and the back end was unstable as all hell.. over 90 was butt clenching! I must also say that's an XB21 Prosport with a 250xs so maybe it doesn't relate... but part of me thinks the new sportmaster has more lift built in also...

I'm intrigued!

Dan
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty