Higher RPM’s with T2 prop?

I recently had to replace my lower unit and prop on my SHO. I originally had my Vented 25T1 that was on my old HPDI. It ran great except for a little cavitation at hole shot. The new replacement prop is the new 25T2. My RPM’s went up a lot with less speed. Has anyone else experienced this with the T2? I wonder if I need to lower my engine...?
    Pro as in promotional ;-)

2. Member
    I believe I read once upon a time the blade geometry between the vented and ventless T series props were a little different.
    I would try to lower the motor some and see if reduces your slip. If that doesn't help get it blueprinted. The SHO props aren't the greatest out of the box.
    My stock SHO prop was running 13-14% slip

I question the gear ratio in your new LU... You may have 1.81 gears instead of 1.75's.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

The mechanic says it’s the 1.75. I’m betting that prop is slipping. I noticed my rooster tail is a lot higher. I’m going to try my backup prop next.

May have to adjust the motor height a little (jack plate?). If she's throwing water, overtrimmed or too shallow.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

6. Member
    A VZ vented 25T1 is to an SHO Vmax 25T2 as the SHO Vmax 25" pitch is to a Mercury Mirage 25" pitch. One cannot be compared to the other.

It could very well be that the SHO propeller, on your SHO, may not be as effective as the non SHO propeller.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    A VZ vented 25T1 is to an SHO Vmax 25T2 as the SHO Vmax 25" pitch is to a Mercury Mirage 25" pitch. One cannot be compared to the other.

It could very well be that the SHO propeller, on your SHO, may not be as effective as the non SHO propeller.

Good luck.

I just picked up a “like new” non-vented 25T1. I’m going to give that a whirl.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntc View Post
    I just picked up a “like new” non-vented 25T1. I’m going to give that a whirl.
    There may several propellers with a 25" pitch and a T1 barrel size. Do you know the specific model of the propeller that you have?