Logan Martin Early March

Hey guys, looking for a little direction. I've got a tourney on Logan Martin the first weekend of March next year and have never seen the lake. I have fished Neely Henry once before and did quite well. I would like to get down to see the lake a few times before the tournament but don't know anything about the area. From the little map study I've done, I will probably stay around or below I-20 bridge and chase spots on the main lake. What are my choices for ramps that you guys would recommend and are there any ramps up river or is that wild country? Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated.

2. Dogfish_Jones
    If you do go south of I-20 you will have to go down toward Cropwell Branch to really have good fishing spots.
    Plus in March the lake will still be 5’ below summer pool.
    The good thing is March is a good month here on Logan Martin. This lake does fish different than Neely Henry. I would always have a shakey head ready to throw. Any crankbaits that resembles a crawdad in red will be good to.
    you will be able to fish a lot of rocky points with the lake down and hit the back of slews where the water is warmer than the main open waters.
    A good starts on this lake is fishing docks that are near deeper water. Stick to a good dock and fish it out and you will come up with some nice spots.
    If you fish north of I-20, find those flats and small pockets near the small creeks. The further you go north, the less you will be where the fish are until you near the dam that separates Logan Martin and Neely Henry.
    Personally I think you will have a better chance going south.
    Last edited by Dogfish_Jones; 10-18-2019 at 07:02 PM.