Anyone been to barren lately?

Thinking of going to Barren Saturday has anyone been lately? If so how’s the lake level?
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R

2. Member
    About 2 ft below summer pool, they’ve got the dam open .5 on the main gates
    2007 Ranger Z20
    2019 225 G2

Here is a link with main gate setting, inflow, outflow and how much it fell in the last 24 hours. FYI summer pool is 552..look at the row called BRR.

http://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/grbdlb.txt

4. Member
    Buddy was down there Monday- Wednesday, mostly short fish. He said there were a lot of wrapped boats on the lake so not sure what they have going on there this weekend.

5. Banned
    Some good bags have been caught but falls off quick and sharply. Go and throw this time of year.

JHenry I just found out there is a 100 boat tournament there Saturday out of one ramp and a 80 out of another. I was going fun fishing think I’ll find some place else.
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R

7. Member
    Should be 200 tournament boats fishing Saturday alone. The first group of 125 will fish Friday and Saturday.
    I was out prefishing yesterday for Saturday and it was SUPER crowded - all points, bluffs and pockets had a boat or two on them. It's going to be a mad house Sat once you factor in normal fishing pressure. I also wouldn't want to be out there Sunday as the fish will be beat up and skittish with all the angling pressure and boats disruption. I'd give it at least a week before I'd consider a trip. Fishing is also very tough.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

8. Member
    there is another small club classic..10-15 Sat and sun. as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Allison View Post
    JHenry I just found out there is a 100 boat tournament there Saturday out of one ramp and a 80 out of another. I was going fun fishing think I’ll find some place else.

Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Should be 200 tournament boats fishing Saturday alone. The first group of 125 will fish Friday and Saturday.
    I was out prefishing yesterday for Saturday and it was SUPER crowded - all points, bluffs and pockets had a boat or two on them. It's going to be a mad house Sat once you factor in normal fishing pressure. I also wouldn't want to be out there Sunday as the fish will be beat up and skittish with all the angling pressure and boats disruption. I'd give it at least a week before I'd consider a trip. Fishing is also very tough.

Quote Originally Posted by hulapopr View Post
    there is another small club classic..10-15 Sat and sun. as well.

...and this is why I like being scheduled to work every Saturday and being off every Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I have been on vacation all week so that means I am not scheduled to work this Saturday. I moved my plans from Green to Barren because of the USA Bassin Co-Ed and the High School open that was on my home lake of Green. I have only been on Barren once this year and wanted to get in one more trip before the water gets low so I guess I will be boat # 201 ...I done a little research and the tournament that fish Fri/Sat only had 79 boats on day one instead of 125. The tournament that's projected to have 80 is BRFL and their "typical" turnout is 40 ish instead of the projected 80. I think the tournament numbers will be more close to 130 instead of 200 making my boat #131 instead of 201

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    ...and this is why I like being scheduled to work every Saturday and being off every Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I have been on vacation all week so that means I am not scheduled to work this Saturday. I moved my plans from Green to Barren because of the USA Bassin Co-Ed and the High School open that was on my home lake of Green. I have only been on Barren once this year and wanted to get in one more trip before the water gets low so I guess I will be boat # 201 ...I done a little research and the tournament that fish Fri/Sat only had 79 boats on day one instead of 125. The tournament that's projected to have 80 is BRFL and their "typical" turnout is 40 ish instead of the projected 80. I think the tournament numbers will be more close to 130 instead of 200 making my boat #131 instead of 201
    if i'm off and want to go anymore i just get in where i can fit in.Most times i
    couldn't tell you if there is a tournament there until i get there,don't keep
    up with them,and with my fishing skills it's pretty much going to be the
    same if i'm the only one there or there's 150 others,I'll still catch my 3
    little ones.