Ned head/ keitech type swimbaits head type hooks

Hi everyone, what’s everyone’s preference for a 90 degree jig hook in a worm nose mold for Ned heads and small swimbaits heads

2. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I like the VMC 7174 or the MUSTAD 32755

3. Member
    For me it depends on the size of the head and the bait I'm using on it. I use the EC 500BP Lil Nasty when I make marabou jigs on the 3/32oz size. For adding a plastic to it I like the 1/8oz, 3/16oz, and 1/4oz sizes and I like using the Owner 5318. The reasons for those hooks are simple as well, with the marabou jig I'm using 6lb line on a Loomis 1 power rod. Using a light rod and line I need a hook that doesn't require much pressure to penetrate. The Lil Nasty is a light wire hook that not only penetrates easily but the sickle style bend holds the fish really well. The Owner 5318 is a light wire hook but stronger so I can use 8lb line with a 2 power rod and I know the hook won't flex. It is as strong as the Mustad 32746 but thinner so I get a strong hook that is really light so I don't miss fish because of a bad or mistimed hook set, all you need is slight pressure and the fish is on.

4. Member
    I hit them hard, so Owner 5313 for me.

5. Member
    I like the Eagle Claw L3052 black nickel hooks. Use them all the way from 1/0 to 5/0 with great success.