Won't power down

I have HB 899. When connected to the battery the unit comes on by itself w/o pressing the power button. When I want to turn it off it goes through the powering down mode, then reaches the screen that says "HB powering down" but it never shuts off. It just stays on that screen.

I came home one day from a 400 mile trip where the unit worked as it should, plugged in the onboard charger for my 24v trolling motor. A week later I went to the lake and discovered the unit would not turn on. I put the trolling motor in and noticed very little power. I went home and found one batter very low, around 2.7 volts. (The HB was connected to this same battery). I charged the batter back up to 100% and noticed the HB was on. So I pushed the ON/OFF button and it got to the powering down screen and never powered down. I disconnected the HB from the battery and hooked it back again. As soon as the cables touched the battery the HB started up on its on. But, it won't shut off. HB wants $280 to fix. Not worth it. Especially when I "think" the issue is the on/off switch. I can keep using it and just unplug the power cable in the back of the HB, but thats not right to have to do that. Anybody got any ideas??

2. Member
    Remove any cards. Reformat Nav Directory and reset defaults. Try another known good battery. Agree on saving the repair cost.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Also check if the power button is stuck in the depressed position.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL