Thread: Weight Capacity

Weight Capacity

I’m new to the forum and new to Cajun boats, I have recently purchased a 1989 Cajun Esprit 18’6”. I’ve look all over this boat but I can’t find the Coast Guard safety label that states the maximum capacity of passengers and total weight. Is there anyone on here that may have a similar model that can help me out? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Rockford; 10-27-2019 at 08:20 AM.

2. Member
    I have an 1987 Espirit 185 (same size, and specs as yours) and it states 5 passengers or 750 pounds IIRC.. I can snap a picture of it later this evening to help you out.

3. Member
    That would be great, Thanks

4. Member

5. Member
    I notice that the sticker says 185hp motor. I have a 150 Johnson GT on the back of mine. I guess the weight difference wouldn’t be much different. Thank you for the info, 71 people viewed this post and you are the only on with and useful input. Thanks again.

6. Member
    Where was this label located on your boat?

7. Member
    On the passenger side pad that is on the dash wall when walking towards the bow through the split window

ive got a 175hp Mercury on mine.

i believe that the 185 mention is the max HP you can put on the boat within approved specs and be kosher with insurance and coast guard etc...

my other boat , a 1969 Fury (now known as smokercraft) has a small stamped plate on the transom with similar information but no mention of coast guard or max HP
    Last edited by UniversalFrost; 11-09-2019 at 06:23 PM.

8. Member
    Thanks