Map card recommendations

It’s been several years since I’ve bought new map cards and there’s slot more out there than there used to be. What are your preferences. I only really know of Navionics and Lakemaster cards but I’m seeing there’s a lot of stuff I’ve never heard of. I fish mainly Toledo and Rayburn but I’ve been fishing the saltwater stuff between Lake Charles and the gulf. What are your recommendations or experiences both positive or negative with the various companies.

what are the pros and cons of the Navionics + cards va the older platinum style cards? Are there subscription fees?

Thanks
    Jeremy

Humminbird units read Navionics and Lakemaster map products.
    A new purchase of any Navionics map card includes a year of Freshest Data Updates and can be renewed for $99 annually.
    The Hotmaps Premium product was discontinued at the end of 2015, has since been replaced by the Navionics+ Regional cards.
    There is a Navionics+ Large product that has all the maps for the US and Canada.
    There is still a Navionics Hotmap Platinum region product and a Navionics Platinum region product.
    You can view the current maps on the Navionics website's Chart Viewer. Those are updated daily.

Lakemaster has three products that are regional and not updateable. They have annual editions.
    Lakemaster
    Lakemaster Plus
    Lakemaster SmartStrike
    You can view the coverage lists for each on the Humminbird Lakemaster site.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    As usual, Wayne is spot on with what he said, but I can add some perspective on the overall selection.

I use Navionics pretty much all the time. The reason I choose Navionics is because they have the largest database of lakes in the country, and no matter where I go, I seem to have a Navionics map for every lake. Other map cards, though they may have certain lakes covered very well, cannot claim nearly as much coverage overall.

Here is a video on the differences between some of the different cards Navionics offers:

4. Member
    Thanks a lot men

5. Member
    I use Navionics+ USA & Canada in my Lowrance and LakeMaster in my Helix 10.

All I can say is use whichever map card has the best, most accurate detail for the lakes & waters you fish. The LakeMaster high definition lakes seem to be very accurate with the actual depth contours of those HD lakes.

6. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    If you are fishing Toledo Bend and Rayburn you want the Lakemaster Mid-South card. Navionics can't compare for accuracy and detail.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax