ez loader trailer suspension help needed

20191017_154843[1].jpgi have an older ez loader trailer (95 i believe). 4 leaf, double eyes, with shocks. one saide is sagging so i want to replace the shocks and leaf springs. the problem is I'm not sure what weight capacity the leaf springs are rated for, and also not sure where to find the 5.5" eye to eye shackles. can't seem to find shackles that long anywhere.

A CSR at ez Loader trailers gave me the part number for the shocks (Monroe 5819 oil filled shocks), but not for the springs. not a huge issue as i can find those locally after taking measurements. the problem is the long shackles. can't seem to find those anywhere.

Any of you out there have any recommendations as to where to source these out from?

GVWR is 3650lbs so I'm assuming i divide that by 2 to get the leaf spring weight rating.
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite

Is that the original trailer for your champion? If it is EZ loader can tell you everything about it if you give them the VIN number. Also if your shackles are 5 1/4” ez loader has them on their website. You need to look under the “custom” trailers parts section. They also have the leaf springs and all the bushings

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ223 View Post
    Is that the original trailer for your champion? If it is EZ loader can tell you everything about it if you give them the VIN number. Also if your shackles are 5 1/4” ez loader has them on their website. You need to look under the “custom” trailers parts section. They also have the leaf springs and all the bushings
    Really? I tried looking under the custom trailer section and the longest shackle was 3.25 I believe.

Weird. I've been in contact with ez loader. 2500# leaf springs, 4 spring, double eye. I'm trying to source locally as I'm in canada

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Why not re-use the shackles? Are you sure those shackles weren’t homemade to help a set of springs that were overloaded or wearing out? Shackles are nothing more than 1/8” flat stock with a couple holes drilled...so it came to mind. And I may have done something similar in my old cars to get the ride height where I wanted it...
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    Not homemade. My buddy has a 202, same trailer and his shackles are the same length.

I said the same thing about flat stock lll