Any plans for boat with no carpet?

Not really in the boat market, but always looking around for ideas for my next boat. I am 100% adamant my next boat will not have carpet... Are there any plans to release a boat with sea dek flooring? Just curious.

Thanks

Chris

That market has been touched many times and the company is not fond of it. The replacement cost aftermarket for SeaDeck is estimated as $5000 for SeaDeck and in later years the Boats condition is a concern and life of SeaDeck in bass markets is also a concern. In saltwater they use it in $150,000 boats up and the replacement costs are more absorbable.

Presently the answer is no, though we do not know if they change their minds. It has been discussed here dozens of times and they even cite recent uses of SeaDeck by other brands that failed.

3. Member
    It is also my understanding that you need another set of "lid patterns" as if you don't have the carpet on the edges, they won't fit snug enough.

Let alone the chafing under the lids.

5. Member
    sorry, I posted on the wrong thread.
    Last edited by shapfromla; 10-18-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

6. Member
    The no carpet thing has been constantly brought up it seems over the past few years? Although the concept is nice, easier to clean. I have ridden in several bass boats and salt boats that have gone away with carpet. They are loud and rattle. Also as BCB mentioned they chafe real bad. To me the carpet that is put in the bass cats is way to comfortable and durable to go away from it.

7. Member
    I appreciate the responses, was just curious. I have hydroturf in my jetboat and love it.

Has BCB considered offering SeaDeck or similar decking material in the cockpit area only? I prefer carpet on the decks. But, a non-porous decking material on the cockpit floor would certainly make washing and cleaning an easier task with less overall drying time. And, of course, would dry quicker after fishing in the rain.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

There are other issues on the cockpit with the elevated hot foot and different platforms.