Prop for Triton 179 TRX with Mercury Pro XS 115 with Command Thrust

Looking for info from current owners of what prop they are running on the newer 179 TRX with the Pro XS 115 with command Thrust.
    I am seeing dealers saying they come with a 24 pitch Tempest prop which seems a bit much for a 115. What actually works well with this boat
    and motor combination? Thanks

2. Banned
    I have that motor on rt 188 ranger tempest 21 is the one I got .
    glass boat of yours out to push a 22 or 23

3. Member
    That motor with the command thrust has 2.38 gears. Will turn a higher pitch prop than you would think on a 115 hp.

4. Member
    Thanks for your replies!

5. Member
    I am running a 22 pitch laser 2 with a 6 inch jack plate on my TRX 179 with the CT lower Unit. It performs well I have seen 51 MPH with a 1/2 tank of gas and live well 3/4 Full. Hole shot is not where I would like it during the summer months, but 50 mph and it hitting the rev limiter.is not bad especially with as much gear as I have it’s by no means a speed demon I think my Prop could stand to have a little added cup might provide a little lift, and a better hole shot it would be perfect. I am purchasing a 21 Tempest I think this may be the best all around prop for the 179 or a Spitfire in a 20 P

6. Member
    Thanks for the info!