Compare 24 Tempest Plus 3 blade to 24 Fury 3 blade

Can anyone give me some comparisons between the 24 Tempest plus 3 blade and a 24 Fury 3 blade.

2. Member
    The Fury will be slightly harder to turn. The Tempest will give better lift.
    Rick Collis
    903-473-8820

3. Member
    I have been testing props both back and forth to sum it up for me the Tempest is best with a full heavy load, but the Fury is faster running light.

The Tempest will carry weight the best always due to it's larger diameter. The fury for me on my Phoenix was fastest running light, but any kind of weight at all the speed drops fast.

The Tempest also helps if you need lift the Fury is not the prop for boats that need lift. I helped a friend of mine set up his Ranger and the Tempest was faster loaded or un loaded because Rangers always need help with lift.

The Fury I have found to swing as much as 5 full mph between running light vs running with a Tournament load "70 to 65, my Tempest only swings 1.5 mph "69.5 to 68". Bottom line If you wants a prop that runs good heavy buy a Tempest, If you want a prop that will run fast light buy a Fury.

4. Member
    Thanks fellas, greatly appreciated!

5. Member
    Do the Tempest plus props typically help the boat hook up and better stability than a Fury? Also I would like the same info as requested above. If I am running a 24 Fury 3 what pitch Tempest Plus would turn the same RPMS?

6. Member
    25 tempest

In stock form I give the tempest a sleight edge, The fury has better hole shot, the tempest has more lift, very similar in top speed, Fury is more weight sensitive, the fury will run about 200 less rpm ptich for pitch, howevrer after the right person reworks the Fury it far better in every regard, more mid range lift, rquires less trim up at top speed, smoother ride in rough water, runs at about the same height as tempest and 2-3 mph faster, caries a heavy load about the same as tempest. This is what I have found on my bass cats and seems to bear me out on many other boats as well. Some rigs neither of these props would be the best for their application. Just depends on what you expect and the boat/motor configuration you have
    Thank You Leon Pugh